Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
Modmymods has clear coolant and a discount code for one free using coolant at checkout add 2 to cart one is free

Turns out modmymods uses x1 clear concentrate and local distilled water
It's only 8.99 per liter saving 5.00 at the least ! plus one for free is a great deal
https://modmymods.com/modmymods-modwater-pc-coolant-clear-1-liter-mod-0275.html

They also have 3/8-5/8" clear flexible pvc soft tubing 0.94 per foot made locally too is why I called actually seeing if it was as flexible as mayhems/... soft tubing they said yes
Plus non plaster tubing as well
https://modmymods.com/modmymods-3-8-id-x-5-8-od-flexible-pvc-tubing-crystal-clear-mod-0003.html

Edit on post 5 below

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
more accurately, publix grade distilled :p

·
Overclocker in training
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for posting, but where did you get this information? I don't see it on their site anywhere. Thanks!
Hi,
I called them to ask about the pvc clear tubing details and is when they mentioned the fluid talking about mayhems products which they are out of

So yeah kind of interesting they don't say on the site that maybe it's a rebranding thing ?
But yes they mostly list the water they use more than anything.

·
Overclocker in training
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MMM is based off XT-1 tweaked for them.
Corsair is based off X1 tweaked to there specs.

Hope this helps.
Im surprised, Not seen it on our own but any thing is possible (would be interesting to know what that has happen). We have been asked a few times to make more expensive tubing but i feel that tubing is a throw away item and you should not pay crazy prices for it.

Ref the mod My mods Water, i spent the time and tought them how to make there own (over a few months) and helped them import and buy in all the equipment they needed, They can now produce a very high spec grade water and coolant that i feel is suitable to produce a excellent coolant. They were advised wrong by a few companies and people about what to buy, so they reached out to me and i helped them (because that is the way we should all work).
Crazy some times you cannot make this up the way thing turn out. We run 3 test systems all built with the same gear and we can get different results for no reason what so ever just leaves you stumped some times.
Yeh XT-1 and X1 are two totally different kettle of fish but both as good as each other depending on your set up and what your aims are. My personal preference is XT-1 but i have no real reason for choosing it for my builds, i just i like the smell haha.

Mind you saying that XTR 6nm and 1nm that ive been working on has me pretty excited! but we still have more work to do on it.
This may get removed but this is out T-Shirt and hoodies.

https://www.mayhems.net/collections/merchandise
Hi,
Little up date I'd add to a dead thread lol enjoy :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts