Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my WW stained my clearfex 60 tubes, I'm going to flush it out. But since electronics and water don't mix, flushing water out is easier said than done. I usually put the rig in the bath tub, loose the clamp at the lowest pt (pump intake) and let it drain. But still with this method it takes a lot of care and fast reflexes to keep everything dry...

Now I'm thinking: if I put switches at the input/output of the major components like pump, res and rad, then all I need to do is close the switches, loose clamps and take that part out. The water between the component and the switch should be minimal. And I can flush easier with this setup, makes swaping out parts a breeze. Thus, modular setup

How about this idea guys? what do you think? I know one of you will say the switch will kill the flow, but given I have MCP650 and BIX2 and still see good whirrpool at my res, I think my pump has even pressure to handle this

·
Registered
712 Posts
sounds pretty cool to me. and if the switches are the right ones you won't kill your flow too much. just try to get the largest valves you can.

·
Registered
76 Posts
all you need are 2 valves and 2 TEE connectors, one valve & TEE situated on the lowest part of the system (pump intake) to drain and the other valve & TEE on the highest part to flush/refill the system.

elevate your rig to drain, connect a hose to the valve in the pump intake long enough to reach your sink or bathtub and another hose to the other valve to reach your faucet. open the lower valve first, then the top one. flush the system by opening the tap and let the water run until the water is clear. (gravity alone will not empty the WW system) btw, don't forget to rinse the system with distilled water.

if you want to completely drain the system for disassembly, use compressed air on the top valve after flushing. just make sure the other end of the drain hose is securely fastened before you do this.

there is no need to remove the valves later because they have no effect on the flow. don't forget to plug them to prevent leak.

i had the same problem before, but now my el cheapo AquariusII has this set up and it made things easier for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts