Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where I can get a Male/Female/Etc Molex pin remover so that I can sleeve my power supply but at a regular local store.
It pains me to have to purchase online for a good price but $10 for shipping so unless its my only solution I will get a sunbeam kit on xioxide which seems the cheapest at $12.99

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
If you don't find a shop (i don't know any sorry) try finding an old radio controlled car (broken is best) and take the aerial out of the handset (the metal type you pull out), pull the various sized metal tubes apart and find the one that best fits your needs.

Worked great for me

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on another note where could I find doubled sided thermal tape for my ramsinks, I dont want to use a Permanent Adhesive.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If there is there a microcenter near where you live, they sell them for about $8 but they are pretty rare at the one near me.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
RadioShack should carry them. Given that they now carry TT stuff. Maybe BestBuy, or CompUSA?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tried radioshack and nothing, if I order one from svc I would like one that does not destroy the molex pins when removing.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akhen
View Post

tried radioshack and nothing, if I order one from svc I would like one that does not destroy the molex pins when removing.

I use one of the cheap one's that has a male on one end and a female on the other....I only use the female, just work it in small circles, takes a while longer then big circles but the pins come out OK.You might trash a couple before you get the hang of it though...
...The male pins I use a little screw-driver to remove them....EDIT: You only have to work it in circles if it doesn't pop out the first try...Just pull on the connected wire when you push down on the pin with the remover....

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Use fine needle-nose pilers. The molex pins are held by two very small metal flaps. Use the pilers to depress the flaps and pull the pin out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts