Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
when u say change the bios do u mean flash the bios? if you do then i am afraid u might have screwed ur bios...u need to reflash ur bios again....

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Then all you need to do is reset your CMOS:

Look in your motherboard manual on what pins you need to jump.

If you cannot find that, pull the battery out for a while (make sure you unplug the motherboard from the powersupply.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
in this case...just take out the CMOS battery and leave it like that for 10 to 15 minutes with the power cord unplugged from the psu

then put the battery in again and restart computer...it should work now

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
OH make sure that your video card frame buffer is enabled or if you have a pci-e card or something maybe the setting is telling it to look in a pci slot or something.

i had my 5500 PCI and it did that to me until i changed it to look in the PCI slot

or the bios is looking for an onboard video card. check those settings

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
he cant see anything thats the problem in the first place, but afterwards i would suggest to u to take up the suggestions of every1 here on the bios settings...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
There should be a battery that looks like one you would put in a watch, round and flat, OR there is a little "jumper" plug, move that over one space (should be 3 pins, move it to the last 2 on the right) with the system power on, then move it back to the original position and thats how you clear it

Also fill out your System Specs in the UserCP so we know what you are dealing with

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorLCA

There should be a battery that looks like one you would put in a watch, round and flat, OR there is a little "jumper" plug, move that over one space (should be 3 pins, move it to the last 2 on the right) with the system power on, then move it back to the original position and thats how you clear it

Also fill out your System Specs in the UserCP so we know what you are dealing with

The system should be off and unplugged.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Note: You only have to remove a CMOS battery for 15 seconds -- any more than that and you're just wasting your time...

Most of the specs are listed on the boxes you buy the parts in if it's not listed directly on the parts themselves.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
There are also programs out that can read most of your hardware specs.

Everest Home Edition was great until they dropped it and only have versions you have to pay for. Good thing I kept the installer of the free version before they took it off of their site

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
cpuz,everest,speed fan are what i use... and for benching i use superPI, and prime 95 is good for stress testing...

·
Registered
98 Posts
10 - 15 "SEC." on bat, should do ya! or if you have a cmos rest jumper, 10-15 sec on that too. you will have to re-do some of your BIOS settiongs but at least you know wich ones not to mess with this ime.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i think a lot ppl are taking my saying 10 to 15 minutes rather awkwardly here... start a poll here and lots of ppl would say sometimes on different mobos pulling out the battery and leaving the cord on doesnt clear bios...pulling out the battery for 10 to 15 seconds doesnt clear the bios...

so lots of ppl recommend that u take out the battery and leave it for even half hour just to be sure...heck, one guy i was trying to help this morning even left it out for the whole night even b4 anybody suggested that to him

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
does your motherboard have onboard video?

and my mobo's manual says to leave the battery out for an hour. i know when i leave it out for 30 seconds, it doesn't clear cmos unless i short out the battery terminals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts