1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
Get the first one if you mainly game with your monitor. It has full 1920 x1200 (16:10) resolution as opposed to the other two which are only 1920 x 1080 (16:9).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so that will mess with the screen alot? Does the 16:10 do good with movies or does it stretch it some?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Man 16:9 are cheap. I need to get one as a side screen for games like eve or supcom

Quote:

Ok so that will mess with the screen alot? Does the 16:10 do good with movies or does it stretch it some?

It won't stretch them out of proportions. It will stretch to fit the screen but it wont be skewed. So when watching a movie full screen the top and bottom might have a inch or so black. But it won't be stretched out of its ratio. If its 4:3 it will still be 4:3. Same with any other lengths.

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
You will have thin black bars at the bottom and top of the screen while you watch movies with a 16:10 monitor, but with games you will get slightly better resolution. If you watch a lot of movies I'd say go with a 16:9 monitor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think Primary is games. I'm currently between games, waiting for something new but mostly gaming is what I build my systems for.

Is it bad difference in game though? I guess is it worth saving 100 for the end product. I might might get two for gaming and researching.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
get the 16:10 aspect ratio. more pixels more practicality.. better for researching?
) if u hate black bars go for the 16:9 (and i dont think its really much to hate).. but the last time i saw the 16:9s, the icons look wider than usual.. or maybe it wasnt in their native resolution.. ur paying a hundred more for more pixels and bigger screen estate..
i think its worth it for another inch and few more pixels 60x120.. AS LONG AS THE 16:10 monitor has a 1:1 Pixel mapping (black bars for those 16:10) as not to stretch and distort typical HD stuff (ps3,dvds, blurays, xbxs, etc)..

sometimes the 16:10 will just stretch 1080s or 720s contents and a lot seem sensitive to the images/movies being distorted a lil.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah seams like everyone would suggest that. Plus I'm sure when I watch movies I can deal with the bar. Rather be playing video games better than watching movies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.