Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i just added my second monitor into the rig making it a dual display rig... and now my primary monitor is having this "refreshing line" going up the screen over and over. its not heavily noticable, and it'd probably have to be pointed out to anyone besides myself. but could this be interference from the tangle of wires behind the desk? all i've added is one monitor... its not the speaker sitting ontop of the monitor (i just removed it) its shielded, and so is the one on its side, could it be the new monitor? could the primary be getting jealous of the secondary's picture quality? *shivers at the thought of his monitors blowing fuses because of the other*

EDIT - is this old primary just going out? (the secondary is even older than this one....but its a shamrock, so that thing'll probably outlast me)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GateCrasher_VI
okay, i just added my second monitor into the rig making it a dual display rig... and now my primary monitor is having this "refreshing line" going up the screen over and over. its not heavily noticable, and it'd probably have to be pointed out to anyone besides myself. but could this be interference from the tangle of wires behind the desk? all i've added is one monitor... its not the speaker sitting ontop of the monitor (i just removed it) its shielded, and so is the one on its side, could it be the new monitor? could the primary be getting jealous of the secondary's picture quality? *shivers at the thought of his monitors blowing fuses because of the other*

EDIT - is this old primary just going out? (the secondary is even older than this one....but its a shamrock, so that thing'll probably outlast me)
Yes you can get those kind of problems when monitors are near each other. Move the monitors as far apart as you can and see if it makes a difference.

ps Whilst still plugged in, dont throw one through the window haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts