Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

So I've RMA'd my old Asus monitor, to receive a new monitor, the Asus VK246H. It's got a native res of 1080p (1920*1080), and since I've got a decent gpu, I thought i'd test it out on at least the desktop, just to see the "glory" of 1080p. However, when I do this, I end up with a "box" display for my desktop. there's a good one inch think border around the display area, where the desktop should be spread on to. It also becomes blurry, whereas 1776*1000 (the resolution I currently use), is crystal clear, however, it still has the one inch border of darkness. I've tried using CCC to change resolutions, and Window's own little resolution changing mechanism. Neither have worked. Does anyone know of any ways I can get it to display the desktop on the entire screen?

A friend on another forum is having this problem. Nobody on the other forum has been able to fix the problem yet, but a few people have offered viable solutions.

Here's the source thread, incase anybody wants it;

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?...topic&t=235875

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan
View Post

Is the monitor set to underscan in CCC?

Well, that's where the problem comes in.

Someone told him to check to see if his monitor is set to underscan, and he doesn't have the right options to get to the config screen for underscan/overscan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I've basically just remembered that I have an account on here.

Bima sylirian, I don't have an optino for GPU scaling when I open my DTV options. I'm connected through HDMI, if that really matters.

Dylan: Would I lose much fps in games such as cod4 or tf2 if I were to revert to 9.4?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ionbeam211
View Post

So I've basically just remembered that I have an account on here.

Bima sylirian, I don't have an optino for GPU scaling when I open my DTV options. I'm connected through HDMI, if that really matters.

Dylan: Would I lose much fps in games such as cod4 or tf2 if I were to revert to 9.4?

Doubt it. Also, please start your own thread, instead of hijacking someone elses.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Doubt it. Also, please start your own thread, instead of hijacking someone elses.

He's the guy with the problem. This thread was started for him.
Are there any settings in the menu of the monitor itself for adjusting the horizontal and vertical size? The HDMI connection could possibly be throwing things off. Do you have a DVI or VGA cable to test it with?

EDIT: Read this. This guy had the same problem and he fixed it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
go to display manager in CCC then right click your screen and click properties (I don't have CCC installed right now as I just installed windows 7, so I'm not exactly sure where it is)

There should be a bunch of options there and one of them will fix your hdmi problem.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Jackson
View Post

He's the guy with the problem. This thread was started for him.
Are there any settings in the menu of the monitor itself for adjusting the horizontal and vertical size? The HDMI connection could possibly be throwing things off. Do you have a DVI or VGA cable to test it with?

EDIT: Read this. This guy had the same problem and he fixed it.

Ah. I hate it when that happens.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I lol'd a bit.

@ person who posted link: Is it possible that downgrading to 9.4 will give me a performance decrease?

Edit: I've tested VGA, I don't have the proper DVI cables atm.

VGA gives me this widescreen appearance, like you're watching this widescreen movie that you can interact with. I had to move my mouse to the far edges and pan just to see my whole desktop

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ionbeam211
View Post

I lol'd a bit.

@ person who posted link: Is it possible that downgrading to 9.4 will give me a performance decrease?

Edit: I've tested VGA, I don't have the proper DVI cables atm.

VGA gives me this widescreen appearance, like you're watching this widescreen movie that you can interact with. I had to move my mouse to the far edges and pan just to see my whole desktop

Scaling options are located here in 9.7:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Jackson View Post
Scaling options are located here in 9.7:

/facepalm.

I've only just installed 9.4...
. Ran some cod4 and MY GOD IT LOOKS LIKE SEX. sorry, i really just had to. I was running 9.6 and could not find a screen to right click on. Does anyone have an XP pic?

@ dylan, NP.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ionbeam211 View Post
/facepalm.

I've only just installed 9.4...
. Ran some cod4 and MY GOD IT LOOKS LIKE SEX. sorry, i really just had to. I was running 9.6 and could not find a screen to right click on. Does anyone have an XP pic?

@ dylan, NP.

Sorry Man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts