Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my current monitor a year and abit ago,
but I figure I invested so much money into my rig I may
as well go for an amazing monitor.

Current is 24" Samsung Syncmaster BX2440,
1920x1080 native res

I use it mostly for gaming. (FPS/everything)

Is that considered a higher end monitor? What advantages would I get from
upgrading? Should I go 27"? What are your thoughts?

Thinking of that LG monitor d-block/OCNnewb/etc.. just got!

Thnx.

·
Registered
236 Posts
IMO, Don't bother with higher res and refresh rates, but an IPS monitor of similar size will give noticable colour detail.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, any particular suggestions?
I'm surfing craigslist/kijiji but I don't really know what to look for,
and I don't want to bother upping unless its a noticeably better looking
monitor

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think you should look at LG E2770V. 27 inch FullHD IPS-monitor. I think it will be released next month or something.

The Dell U2711 is another great alternative but it cost more.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tralala
View Post

thanks guys, any particular suggestions?
I'm surfing craigslist/kijiji but I don't really know what to look for,
and I don't want to bother upping unless its a noticeably better looking
monitor

Quite a few Dell Ultrasharps have IPS panels, a few Samsung Syncmasters do, and a few Viewsonics do

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by De-Zant
View Post

If you can afford it, dell u2711. Absolutely no doubt about it. It's one of the best LCD monitors, aside from the U3011 and its bretherin from other manufacturers.

the u2711, I read the anti-glare coating makes it look
like its under a constant layer of dust

.. I read this from many sources

DO NOT WANT (in that case)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tralala
View Post

the u2711, I read the anti-glare coating makes it look
like its under a constant layer of dust

.. I read this from many sources

DO NOT WANT (in that case)

Contact Smokinwaffle on the forum about this, he's got one.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB12345
View Post

I think you should look at LG E2770V. 27 inch FullHD IPS-monitor. I think it will be released next month or something.

I'm not sure about the release date but it shouldn't be too far away.

I was going to suggest this monitor too. 1920x1080 (probably e-)IPS (W-LED) @ 27". AFAIK LG themselves have said that this monitor is targeted at gamers, price was said to be about $440.

If you want to extend the lifespan of your current monitor a bit, then wait and see what the E2770V brings.

U2711 is also a good choice but it will be expensive and also require far more GPU power when gaming at a 2560x1440 resolution. Also the U2711 has around 30ms input lag whereas the EG2770 is estimated to have around 15ms input lag, which will be twice as fast.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Brand;13123694

I was going to suggest this monitor too. 1920x1080 (probably e-)IPS (W-LED) @ 27". AFAIK LG themselves have said that this monitor is targeted at gamers, price was said to be about $440.

If you want to extend the lifespan of your current monitor a bit, then wait and see what the E2770V brings.

U2711 is also a good choice but it will be expensive and also require far more GPU power when gaming at a 2560x1440 resolution. Also the U2711 has around 30ms input lag whereas the EG2770 is estimated to have around 15ms input lag, which will be twice as fast.
"Hi, unfortunately, there are no plans of this model being available here in the U.S.

LG manufacturer's specific models for each part of the country; however, LG does offer comparable models here, to each in other countries. Regrettably, we do not offer a 27" here in the U.S. The closest model is the 26LV2500.
17 hours agoby CustomerAdvocacy2 (read all my Q&A) "

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Brand;13123694

don't mind the GPU power,
but I've seen the anti-glare coating in pictures and it looks
like something that should not be on an 800 dollar monitor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts