Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a monitor without uniformity issue, that can display white as white for all the screen without tints/hues/color differences.
So far I have tried Viewsonic VP2768 and LG 34UC88 and both suffered from uniformity issue and returned both.
I don't need a high performance gaming monitor with high refresh rate, is there specific monitor to go with that will not suffer from uniformity, backlight bleed or it is a lottery with any monitor no matter the brand/the price?

·
Registered
294 Posts
There is some you can get that are near perfect. The Dell UP2718Q. They actively correct uniformity issues with special hardware.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_up2718q.htm#uniformity

Scroll down to the uniformity section. Here is the paragraph for you. A difference of 5% is insanely good. The panel has a 384 zone FALD that auto adjusts brightness to correct uniformity. It used hardware calibration to do it.

"We then tested the screen again with uniformity correction turned on. We had to increase the brightness control in the OSD up to 42% to achieve a centrally calibrated luminance of around 120 cd/m2 since the uniformity correction feature is making digital white level corrections, and so has an impact on the luminance output of the panel. Thankfully you are able to change the brightness control up and down to suit when the uniformity correction feature is turned on. Sometimes settings like that can be locked with these kind of features, but it's nice to see some flexibility available here. *With it turned on, the panel uniformity was improved very nicely and was excellent. There was a maximum difference between any two points on the screen of only 5.79% which was great.* The correction worked very well indeed. It should be noted that with this feature turned on you do lose some contrast, and we measured a static contrast ratio now of 657:1, compared with the calibrated 980:1 with it turned off. Some screens will drop contrast even further, so this wasn't too bad to be honest."

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2NS-0008-14SJ0

1 - 3 of 3 Posts