Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so this is odd. I've been running my benq G2222HDL at its native res (1920x1080) for months and after booting from sleep last night, the monitor will only display 1600x1200. I can't go higher than that in my resolution settings in win7.

What i've done so far:

Check for registry errors.
Restart.
Re-install Nvidia 275.33 drivers (clean install)
And yet windows gives me no option for my native resolution
even though it detects my 8800GT.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,826 Posts
I know of a program called Powerstrip which allows you to create a custom resolution. That isn't exactly a fix, but it may be a temporary solution.

I would also try roll back the drivers to an older one. The newer drivers don't play nice with some of these older cards.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou;14179155
Have you tried Detect the display in -> right click desktop -> screen resolution?
^^This. If not, you could try forcing 1920x1080 in the nvidia control panel.

• Rep+
Reactions: Nailuj

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou;14179155
Have you tried Detect the display in -> right click desktop -> screen resolution?
Just tried that, still sees it as a Generic monitor at 1600x1200, I'm going to try and swap my vga cable with a dvi, if that doesn't work ill try rolling back drivers as Monocog007 stated.

well switching cable inputs solved the problem, but thanks for the suggestions people!

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailuj;14179308
Just tried that, still sees it as a Generic monitor at 1600x1200, I'm going to try and swap my vga cable with a dvi, if that doesn't work ill try rolling back drivers as Monocog007 stated.

well switching cable inputs solved the problem, but thanks for the suggestions people!
That is strange. Normally it would be Plug and Play monitor if you did not install the specific monitor drivers. Anyway you should stay with DVI over VGA. DVI is generally better.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou;14179514
That is strange. Normally it would be Plug and Play monitor if you did not install the specific monitor drivers. Anyway you should stay with DVI over VGA. DVI is generally better.
yeah, I guess thats what I get for being to lazy to swap the cable with the vga one the monitor came with
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
If switching to a new DVI cable does not solve the problem, try resetting the monitor. I suspect this might be due to the monitor somehow sending the wrong EDID to the PC after waking up.

For Dell monitors, there is a 'Factory Reset' or 'Reset to Default' that you can choose from the monitor's Menu.

Also, try this 'power reset':- turn off monitor and disconnect all its cables (power and signal) from its ports. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds or so. Reconnect the cables and power up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts