Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was just wondering how I would go about checking the temperature of my system components. Can that be achieved by software alone? or do I need specific hardware requirements? I was thinking about using one of those thermometers that are used for cooking turkeys... Not sure if that is a good idea or not.

I plan to just utilize fans (as in no liquid cooling) for a new build; however I fear that fans alone might not cut it. So I want to be able to check the temperatures when I put it together.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
speedfan as well...or everest...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can I tell if my BIOS supports system temperature monitoring?
I'm looking at a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD Motherboard right now and I do not see anything about temperature monitoring.

Someone said to buy one of these http://www.frozencpu.com/tmp-11.html.

I am still a bit confused. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i believe that that board comes built with a temperature monitoring system but however plz take note that the tempreture reading u obtain is within a plus minus 5°C range...so take note of that....

and u do not need a separate temperature monitoring system unless u have a water cooling or phase change system and even then ur onboard temp monitoring system will be able to handle it so dont waste ur money....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool thanks!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have a question; I downloaded SpeedFan, and it has Temp1, Temp2, and Temp3; what are each of these?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts