Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Been around...
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a nice little kit containing everything needed for a reservoir with a D5 pump mount. (Thank you, PPC's and amazon.) As far as I can tell from the photos, the "bottom" of the reservoir has a D5 top that has only a single water outlet, while the "top" of the reservoir has a cap that has 2 inlets on the side and 3 on the top.

This is the item I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9JQ1UH

My intention is to mount this vertically in my case, but I'm wondering about the possibility of water noise with the water inlets all being at the top of the reservoir if there is any air in the reservoir. How is this handled with the Monsoon product? Is there some kind of internal tube to prevent splashing/waterfall noise with the system running?

Also, will I encounter any issues taking the D5 pump from an EK-XTOP Revo D5 and putting it into this MMRS system? (I've read that some D5 pumps with tops have different size o-rings that leak when moved to the MMRS, but I haven't yet seen anything specific about the EK distributed D5 pump/top o-rings in MMRS.)

Thank you in advance
Gary

1 - 1 of 1 Posts