1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'm trying to wrap my head around what this is lol

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
This is the kind of thing that makes me wish AMD had a high performance APU.

I still think it would be awesome to use the Threadripper socket for an APU.

·
Tank destroyer and a god
2,498 Posts
I like the design, but whast worth on that case of 400 dollars?

·
mfw
8,641 Posts

·
New001
2,668 Posts
Pfft you call that SFF? Seems only marginally smaller than the average mid tower.

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the design, but whast worth on that case of 400 dollars?
Well considering you get a huge heatsink for both GPU and CPU with partly aluminum, I think it's quite fair.

Pfft you call that SFF? Seems only marginally smaller than the average mid tower.
Yep. 19L is SFF. Small. I'd towers like the In Win 805 for example is 44L, so over twice the size. I consider less than half the size of a mid tower much more than marginally smaller.

·
Tank destroyer and a god
2,498 Posts
Well considering you get a huge heatsink for both GPU and CPU with partly aluminum, I think it's quite fair.
Well, i would expect a high-quality fanless PSU in the package. Something like 600W Seasonic Prime Ultra Fanless... When i counted price of the coolers and the case and fan, my expectations were up to 250 dollars/euro.

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, i would expect a high-quality fanless PSU in the package. Something like 600W Seasonic Prime Ultra Fanless... When i counted price of the coolers and the case and fan, my expectations were up to 250 dollars/euro.
I don't think you realize most of the similarly built SFF niche cases cost 200+. S4M, Louqe, even the InWin 805 is 200$. Try to design one yourself and have it quoted and let us know how much you'd sell it if it's that easy, you'll quickly realize it's justifiable.

·
Overclocker
11,388 Posts
That's because these smaller cases are often done in low volume due to low demand, as such the costs are high and you're better off making your own instead. There are not many pictures of the passive cooling either and what capacity it has, where the intakes and vents are. There have been passive cases before and with more sensible mounting of their "heatpipes" because the pipes were not rigid. Plus you can really just buy a small case and attach a large $50 heatsink for passive cooling.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,223 Posts
Once you add hardware to something like this case those Intel NUC's don't seem to be priced all that bad.

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's because these smaller cases are often done in low volume due to low demand, as such the costs are high and you're better off making your own instead. There are not many pictures of the passive cooling either and what capacity it has, where the intakes and vents are. There have been passive cases before and with more sensible mounting of their "heatpipes" because the pipes were not rigid. Plus you can really just buy a small case and attach a large $50 heatsink for passive cooling.
could you give me an example of small case with a large $50 heatsink that can be used passively?

·
Tank destroyer and a god
2,498 Posts
What kind of tests would you guys like to see during my BETA testing?
Combined stress test of CPU/GPU and check if they actually throttle. I would not mind if it will be AMD or Intel or Nvidia. They dared to put some R9-290x on their compatibility list so I am quite curious...

• Rep+
Reactions: Blameless

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
This is the kind of thing that makes me wish AMD had a high performance APU.

I still think it would be awesome to use the Threadripper socket for an APU.
I believe AMD does have designs for TR4(i think) apu's with HBM mem code named Fenghaung Not sure if they will release it for TR4 (most likely if so) or AM4...or not at all.

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe AMD does have designs for TR4(i think) apu's with HBM mem code named Fenghaung Not sure if they will release it for TR4 (most likely if so) or AM4...or not at all.
Would be great for a WS with massive storage, four+ LSI raid cards in there with 20+ drives and useable GPU/CPU.

·
Otherworlder
7,506 Posts
20+ drives and a passive case doesn't sound so great, there are better cases with near silent designs.

·
To The Game
7,626 Posts
Thing is priced way outside what I'd be willing to pay for a small case but I like the idea and look of the thing. Should be interesting to see some cooling benchmarks. Personally the deeper I get into system building the more appealing the idea of a compact case becomes.

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thing is priced way outside what I'd be willing to pay for a small case but I like the idea and look of the thing. Should be interesting to see some cooling benchmarks. Personally the deeper I get into system building the more appealing the idea of a compact case becomes.
There's a guy on SFF forums that has a 5L case (without any power brick) with a 8700K and 1080.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts