Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://mordhau.com/
Quote:
Mordhau is a multiplayer first person melee game currently in development by a small independent team on Unreal Engine 4. Design your own weapons and armor, then battle it out with other players in various modes. It features a deep and fluid combat system that allows those that master it to turn into an unstoppable force on the battlefield. The game is still under heavy development and our goal is to release it as a commercial title on Steam. There is no set release date as of right now.
That alpha footage looks fantastic.

Here's hoping for VR support.
yessir.gif

·
Padawan Overclocker
2,826 Posts
Cool. Die by the sword anyone ?

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Movement does look fluid, but not fast enough to activate my suspension of disbelief.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry, but I hear First Person Fighting Game and I think of the old 3DO and Sega CD FMV game Supreme Warrior. That game was actually kinda fun, in a cheezy Kung-Fu movie kinda way.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Looks a Hell of a lot like Chivalry. I wonder if their combat mechanics will be as deep and insane.
Yeah first thing I thought of was Chivalry. Have a few friends that are right into it and I tried it once but you know how some people aren't good at teaching game mecahnics to others without pwning them.....yeah, kinda ruined it for me.

That being said, I think this looks really cool. And I'll probably give it a try. Also looks really shiny. Dem physically based shaders. I like that there's blood buildup, and I really like the realistic injuries and partial dismemberment. When he was explaining it and slashed a guy's throat and his head turned 90 degrees and got floppy as he fell....yeah, hehehe, that's the good stuff
thumb.gif

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,168 Posts
For the movement speed, the characters might as well not wear any metal armor. Fully-clad warriors do not move that fast.

·
Iconoclast
30,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

Fully-clad warriors do not move that fast.
Unless you are trying for 100m times or running a marathon a conditioned athlete (and most warriors able to afford full suits of mail or plate would certainly qualify) it's going to be slowed much by their armor.

That suit of plate weighs less than the gear of a modern combat soldier and is at least as mobile.

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Looks a Hell of a lot like Chivalry. I wonder if their combat mechanics will be as deep and insane.
Exactly what I was thinking. Even the part on the bridge looks exactly like a Chivalry map.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Yeah, Chivalry through and through. I just hope that these attacks and alt attacks are mappable to a button, I never cared for the way Mount & Blade used mouse movements to dictate attacks.

As someone who's tallied 1700 hrs in Chivalry I'm really looking forward to this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardsoup View Post

Looks like spam left click garbage Chivalry combat. No thanks
Depends on the rank of players and the server. If your in a rank 15 or less then yeah: LMB LMB LMB ect.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardsoup View Post

Looks like spam left click garbage Chivalry combat. No thanks
A lot of games are "button spam garbage".

Then, you play against someone more intelligent than that.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
This game is being made by ex Chivalry vets. I have much more faith in them to have a superior mechanically tight game as Torn Banner's indecision and incompetence ran Chiv into the ground.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts