Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I am really confused about this one. I have bf 2142 installed, am able to play online, it is legit. So then I installed quake 4 using virtual drive, have that working, great game and everything. Now for the issue, I go to play Battlefield 2142, put the disc in my drive, then says "please insert setup disc and restart application"
What the heck is that? Did I screw things up with the Poweriso and Quake 4?? When I open "my computer" from start menu I now have two "dvd" drives, Is my computer getting confused or something. Do I have to uninstal the virtual drives and reinstall Battlefield 2142? Please I hope not,there has to be another explanation to my Query.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah, I usually see an extra DVD drive icon when I have a program running that creates a virtual drive. It even shows an extra DVD and extra HDD icon when I put in my thumb drive into a UBS slot. I think it's normal to see that.
I'm no expert, though.

As far as BF2142, not completely sure about that one. I would say go into PowerISO, uninstall any virtual device you have enabled (in the options, etc.), then try to run the BF disc again. That may work. Just let me/us know if it doesn't.

EDIT: I agree with That_guy3. I'm too slow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts