1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Trifire support.

And ofcourse there's always this....

Quote:
Note: This driver is provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed full AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue described above.

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
My drivers work good. I have had an equal number of issues with ATI drivers as ive had with Nvidia's.

For every mess up like this, there is an equal one on the green planet (e.g. their drivers than turned fans off
)

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypcisugly View Post
But over all how due you like the HD5830
Great cards for the money. The MSI one cools like ass compared to the Sapphire ones and is not worth the extra money.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Just give ATI some time. I'm sure within a couple of months the drivers will mature and there will be no more flickering issues and GSOD's that people are getting.

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by YangerD View Post
Just give ATI some time. I'm sure within a couple of months the drivers will mature and there will be no more flickering issues and GSOD's that people are getting.
I've had no issues in games whatsoever with them. Only issues i have are no voltage control which the next MSI afterburner may support, No trifire AND they perform like ass

·
Registered
325 Posts
Three wrongs don't make a right.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
no issues here with 5850 drivers apart from my gpu conflicting with my tv tuner rang them up about this and they have said all ati cards conflict with tv tuners so thats my only gripe.

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
10.3 is treating my 5850 just fine. slight FPS bump (more noticeable when I ran with stock clocks).

·
Registered
325 Posts
For the price of 3x 5830s you could get 2x HD 5870s. For less you could get 2x 5850s.

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1ForFrags View Post
No, but three 5830's make an epic waste of cash.

Everything computer related is a waste of cash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian_ View Post
That is overkill, but then again very nice!
edit - is your cpu bottlenecked? with the trifire
YES.. very much so which is why i ordered a 980X

1 - 20 of 21 Posts