Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I read somewhere that you can run more than one instance of the folding software. How do I do this? I remember something about running the console version or somesuch.. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcb
I think I read somewhere that you can run more than one instance of the folding software. How do I do this? I remember something about running the console version or somesuch.. any help is appreciated.
http://www.overclock.net/faqs/81455-...e-dummies.html

Read this...should answer your questions

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after following that FAQ, this is what i have:

screenshot

All is well I think.. but it says "FahCore_82.exe" and the same protien on both of them.. is that ok? In the screenshot on the FAQ it has different .exe's.

Also, do I have to have the dos windows open all the time? or will they work in the background if i close them? (I set the console as a service.. so if I reboot will they work in the background and thus not require the dos windows to be open?)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, on one the machine ID is 1 and on the other the machine ID is 2.. so I guess I'm fine then.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Nice! Very helpful!
  • Can this be done in the GUI with an existing [email protected] file by adding another folder?
  • Can I add another folder and change the machine ID's?
  • If I am required to compelety remove the current [email protected] files, will any frames that have already been completed be lost?
  • How do I start in console mode, or can I simply edit the log?
I wanted to know before I go and mess stuff up

Thanks for your time,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts