Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will prob sound kinda dumb but here goes
My mobo only has one chassi fan hook up and I wanted to know if I have to get a better motherboard that has more hook ups or if there is a away to get more then on fan working off one hook up or if there was something else. I want to overclock but I dont think that 40oC Idle is a good temp to be starting at stock speed. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
You can buy fans that use the standard 4-pin Molex plug like the ones on hard drives and stuff. In fact, most fans come that way.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
You can buy fans that use the standard 4-pin Molex plug like the ones on hard drives and stuff. In fact, most fans come that way.
That is correct, and also if it not not as safe runing the fans off of the mobo, you might want to get a melex connector for the fan that you have installed.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
And it's better to have the ones that connect to molexes anyways. Just use the one for the heatsink fan and that it. The less stress on the mobo's fan header the better.

Trust me in this, I've had bad experiences.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oki, Awsome, Thanks for the help.
I will look into getting a molex adapter for my fan that I already have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts