Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that there should be more titles that you can add to your profile info. Right now mines "Programmer". I wanted Web Designer or something. But what evs lol

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elitester
View Post

I think that there should be more titles that you can add to your profile info. Right now mines "Programmer". I wanted Web Designer or something. But what evs lol

IMO, there are plenty of titles to choose from... if you really want a custom title, you can sign up and pay for an overclocked account, which allows you to get an overclock.net e-mail account, as well as freedom to customize your title to whatever you want (within the TOS)...

Or, you could just get 250 rep, wait a year, and get the overclocked account

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
For $35/year you can put anything there, as long as it complies with the TOS. (This is the overclocked account).

Link.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabermetrics
View Post

IMO, there are plenty of titles to choose from... if you really want a custom title, you can sign up and pay for an overclocked account, which allows you to get an overclock.net e-mail account, as well as freedom to customize your title to whatever you want (within the TOS)...

Or, you could just get 250 rep, wait a year, and get the overclocked account

Right'o. If they gave us too many options, we'd be less likely to support OCN through a paid account. Just a little incentive, and there are enough choices as it is. Considering that most forums have the titles preset.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh alright.

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Get an OC'd account

·
Tator Tot Enthusiast
3,176 Posts
For $35? I'll pass.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i thing that $35.00 is too pricey. Im sure more people would do it if it was only like 5$

·
Tator Tot Enthusiast
3,176 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elitester
View Post

Yeah i thing that $35.00 is too pricey. Im sure more people would do it if it was only like 5$

I know I would.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah lol. $35.00 is just too much for the little extra features you get. I mean they already get a ton of money from sponsors and Google ads. And im sure alot more people would pay for the membership if it was lower.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe 10 or 15$ then

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I'm sure they decided to set the prices at that amount for a reason. Also, changing it would be difficult, considering that many have already paid. To then lower the prices would be unfair.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I thought this thread was called "More titties please" so now i'm here.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:

Why does it cost money?
These additional services require additional resources to maintain them. These resources are measured in both time and money.

I think thats why

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ahahahah!!!!!!! thats hilarious!!!! But there is a company called Jagex who has a MMO game called Runescape.Com. Their memberships used to be 5$ a month, but they decided to increase the cost because of inflation, and the members u understood and continued to pay. Im sure that members that are paying right now would understand if they lowered the cost. But i see how people might get a little mad about it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im not sure, but yeah it is really hard to get rep =/ not enough generous people out there to click on a button to help others out =/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts