Overclock.net banner

Mort's "farm" (Updated: Moar pics)

2238 Views 45 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  mortimersnerd
Well, here it is. It doesn't deserve the title of 'farm', yet.

UPDATE: 3/4/09

We will start off with the GPUs:
4x9800GX2
4x8800GS (being sold)
2x9800GTX+
1x8800GT

--
My desk:
The space in the corner will be used for my new rig.

--
4x9800GX2 machine:
AMD 3600X2
MSI K9A2
4x1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz
4xXFX 9800GX2
2x Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W

--
Main rig:

--
Dad's system:
(Yes, I know there is an open PCIe slot)

And thats all for now.
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
If that ain't a farm, then mine's a flowering pot...

Awesome set up, you'll be in the top 10 in no time!
See less See more
dude! thats awesome! i wish my circuits could support GX2s... you'll definitely knock me off that 5th spot.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by nafljhy View Post
dude! thats awesome! i wish my circuits could support GX2s... you'll definitely knock me off that 5th spot.

Mine really can't. I confirmed that I blow the circuit to the house when I am folding, running the microwave, and print. I just have to make sure I only do two of the three.
See less See more
  • Rep+
woah that is nice, your area looks so cozy lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortimersnerd View Post
Mine really can't. I confirmed that I blow the circuit to the house when I am folding, running the microwave, and print. I just have to make sure I only do two of the three.
oooh! sounds like me. i switched out all my regular bulbs for energy efficient ones for that reason. 5x bulbs for 1x regular.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by nafljhy View Post
oooh! sounds like me. i switched out all my regular bulbs for energy efficient ones for that reason. 5x bulbs for 1x regular.

Hmm, thats an idea. I havn't done that. Now.... as knitelife said, how many rigs can I build for the savings with HE bulbs?
See less See more
Nice work man! All my stuff always looks so sloppy compared to other threads. If you need a home for the gx2's I've got a 30 amp breaker that needs something to do
See less See more
Very nice! Gotta love pics. LOL, when I had alot of rigs in my office/laundry room. I had to shut 2 or 3 down while I did laundry, or it would pop the breaker!
Very nice!! Wowser your gonna be jamming even more!!
See less See more
this is when you get 200 amps of power instead of the slandered 100 amps. then run like 5 20 amp circuits to your folding rigs. mu hahahahaha.
Looking good bud...
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabermetrics View Post
If that ain't a farm, then mine's a flowering pot...

Awesome set up, you'll be in the top 10 in no time!
LOL, thanks! I hope to be there sometime, assuming I get the drivers figured out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipod4ever View Post
woah that is nice, your area looks so cozy lol
It's warm too

Quote:

Originally Posted by markt View Post
Nice work man! All my stuff always looks so sloppy compared to other threads. If you need a home for the gx2's I've got a 30 amp breaker that needs something to do

Wait, is this an offer to take my GPUs and fold on them under my name, for free

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibsonnova74 View Post
Very nice! Gotta love pics. LOL, when I had alot of rigs in my office/laundry room. I had to shut 2 or 3 down while I did laundry, or it would pop the breaker!
Ooo, I havn't tried doing laundry yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
Very nice!! Wowser your gonna be jamming even more!!

It will be a party in my basement
We'll be crunching WUs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by procpuarie View Post
this is when you get 200 amps of power instead of the slandered 100 amps. then run like 5 20 amp circuits to your folding rigs. mu hahahahaha.
Oh, I wish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabe_OC View Post
Looking good bud...

Thanks. Maybe I should follow in your footsteps and make 4 Rigs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg121986 View Post
The 9800GX2s are

The Elixir strings are

See less See more
Nice Mort! You seem to be missing a few dummy plugs on those GX2s. I bet if you get a couple more on there your farm's corn will taste exceptionally great this month

I'm sure those 8800GSes will have a nice home

~Gooda~
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by Havegooda View Post
Nice Mort! You seem to be missing a few dummy plugs on those GX2s. I bet if you get a couple more on there your farm's corn will taste exceptionally great this month

I'm sure those 8800GSes will have a nice home

~Gooda~
I need moar resistors.

Those GSs will only have a good home if you take care of them
See less See more
Amazing! Really awesome farm.
Nice mort! Fold those GX2s naked, it helps with the temps (and not getting EUEs).
I have stripped two of the GX2s so far. I'm having driver issues. It keeys EUEing, even when its at like 50C and stock. I will probably do a fresh install tomorrow.
  • Rep+
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.