Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelirrojo View Post

Nostalgia! Man, I loved COD back then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief View Post
I'll get a picture of mine.

It was made in 39'
Get a picture of the receiver so I can tell where it was made. Probably an Izzy though.
 

·
OG
Joined
·
4,062 Posts
Not me, but I met the guy with one. He said it's from 1949.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:


Originally Posted by spartacus
View Post

I have one also! 91/30 made in 1942 at Izhevsk, all with matching numbers (1451).


Sweet, same as mine. added
Right now mine is completely torn down because I am stripping the old crappy finish off and refinishing it. Can't decide if i want to go for an original look, or do a transparent red or transparent black stain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
I do wish I could get my hands on one. Problem 1. Living in NY. Problem 2. Being 17.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nhb93
View Post

I do wish I could get my hands on one. Problem 1. Living in NY. Problem 2. Being 17.

Solution one: leave NY. Solution 2: get a Rare Candy to grow another year.
Buy Mosin
Profit!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfajita View Post
Get a picture of the receiver so I can tell where it was made. Probably an Izzy though.

Cant take a good picture.

Here is what it says.

Russian N looking thing, russian Y looking thing 2268
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief View Post
Cant take a good picture.

Here is what it says.

Russian N looking thing, russian Y looking thing 2268
ИУ2268? Do the markings look the same as mine? (the USSR coat of arms and a small star with an arrow in it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhaloownerxx View Post
Add me, I have a 1930 M91/30, Tula made, all matching serials (except the bayonet).

I'll grab a pic real quick.


A Tula
:

I just finished refinishing my stock today, going to post some well lit pics tomorrow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfajita View Post
ИУ2268? Do the markings look the same as mine? (the USSR coat of arms and a small star with an arrow in it)

A Tula
:

I just finished refinishing my stock today, going to post some well lit pics tomorrow
I can't wait to see your refinished stock. The stock on yours already looked pretty nice, but I'm sure it looks great now.

I need to refinish mine badly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhaloownerxx View Post
I can't wait to see your refinished stock. The stock on yours already looked pretty nice, but I'm sure it looks great now.

I need to refinish mine badly

If the stock is original (pretty hard to tell, get another stock and refinish it) I wouldn't do it to a Tula. They are actually reasonably collectible.

I will try to get some nice photos but there is no sun here today and at noon right now its only 10c outside. Cold front ftw!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,325 Posts
I just went to Cabelas and they had 12 of these for 75.00 lol.

I was like damn, I paid 40 for mine there. SALE!

I just bought an AK 47 BTW
I love Russia.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top