Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All games, even great games, have little things about them that piss you off. Share them.

1. Half-Life 2 - Steam, $$$, and who the hell is G-Man.. really...
2. Far Cry- Stupid ladders, super-mutant gorillas /w rocket launcher arms
3. Rome: Total war- I think I could do better voiceovers
4. VTM-Bloodlines: Genius crippling bugs
5. Doom3 - I get claustrophobia after 30 mins of gameplay
6. Deus Ex - Many good games get a poopy sequel. This one did.
7. Splinter Cell: PT - a.k.a. Sam Fisher vs. bulb based lighting equipment

8. MMORPGS - Killing various spiders, rats, oozes, and slimes;smashing barrels
9. Halo- Cortana is a pushy b****, Leave it to me, my rocket launcher and the covenant...
10. City of Heroes - Another MMORPG, this time with capes and tights
11. Myst- A great game that fathered a tidal wave of garbage

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
The original Deus Ex was probably the best game I've ever played. The only thing it lacked were good graphics
Hoping Invisible War will be good (probably not as good) but don't ruin it for me, gotta wait 'til the 6800GT comes in to buy all those new games.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

The original Deus Ex was probably the best game I've ever played. The only thing it lacked were good graphics
Hoping Invisible War will be good (probably not as good) but don't ruin it for me, gotta wait 'til the 6800GT comes in to buy all those new games.

yiffy, invisible war isnt worth the money, its a direct port from the console version, there isnt anything changed except maybe the graphics engine to run on the pc. otherwise thats about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DXIW wont hold water to its predecessor... but enough ranting. Lets get down to business: More gaming stupidity.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
RTW: omg why do archers shoot their own people if their units get mixed up
rainbow six/any tactical shooter like that: Why do enemies instantly know where u are and are expert shots
RTW: The cmoputer cheats... plain and simple... what the crap (strategy map)

·
Registered
930 Posts
knights of the old republic: weird as F*ck controls, first person rpg, .... game is just a let down on the pc...

jk2, jedi academy: movement physics annoying, fall off cliffs too easlily, seems like walking on ice.

keep em coming.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

Perfect Dark for N64..... Elvis.

Even more anoying then elvis is the challange where you are against all the elvises and they are perfect. So we have short aliens with the perfect shot.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Star Wars Battlefront - feels like playing with toy guns

Vietcong - Nice idea but why render the entire map at the same time... Need a monster PC to run it

Unreal II - Another game that feels like playing with toy guns

Half Life 2 - Great graphics... great physics... Worst ending ever and very follow this set path style gameplay

Sim City 3000 - Just Sim City 2000 with a make over... No new features

Prince of Persia 2 - Lame story

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
CS:S - latest update - the stupidest bots ever. They run into trees for fcuks sake, and shoot you, then when you hide they forget about you and look the other way...easy kill

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedAddict

All games, even great games, have little things about them that piss you off. Share them.

1. Half-Life 2 - Steam, $$$, and who the hell is G-Man.. really...
2. Far Cry- Stupid ladders, super-mutant gorillas /w rocket launcher arms
4. VTM-Bloodlines: Genius crippling bugs
5. Doom3 - I get claustrophobia after 30 mins of gameplay
6. Deus Ex - Many good games get a poopy sequel. This one did.
7. Splinter Cell: PT - a.k.a. Sam Fisher vs. bulb based lighting equipment

8. MMORPGS - Killing various spiders, rats, oozes, and slimes;smashing barrels
9. Halo- Cortana is a pushy b****, Leave it to me, my rocket launcher and the covenant...
10. City of Heroes - Another MMORPG, this time with capes and tights
11. Myst- A great game that fathered a tidal wave of garbage

to agree with you i must ask you this... should VTM Bloodlines have had some sort of online gameplay?

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedAddict

Haven't played it, but they can't be worse than the Orc mission briefings in Warcraft 2. It sounded like some programmer was doing a Cookie Monster impresssion, and he really liked to say "Orcish hooooooorde" a lot.

The only things that really bother me anymore are issues that have been issues for so friggin' long that they really should have had a solution by now. My big recent complaints, both from GTA:San Andreas, are:

1. Camera. COME ON, PEOPLE! After years of games with trailing cameras, why do so many 3D games still have trouble with this? I died many times from walking through a door into a confined room, then the camera went crazy while it tried to find somewhere to go. If there was an enemy in the room shooting me, inevitably the camera was positioned so that I could not SEE the enemy. Some games have done this right, start recycling the code, folks!

2. 3D pathfinding. Argh. I would recruit gangs to go take over a neighborhood, and they would all follow loyally. Until I started walking uphill, that is. I'm not talking some odd path up a cliff face here, I'm talking about a gently slope in the middle of a city street. Once I got too far above them, boom, they were stricken by the stupid bug. I know this was an issue years ago (or so Origin used to claim when they were developing Ultima 9 and used it as an excuse to be a single-char game), but again this is something that has been done well before. Start reusing the algorithms that work, folks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My complaints on recent games I've played:

Half Life 2 - STEAM, no real sniper rifle
Doom 3 - what's the point of the flashlight having an on/off switch?
Far Cry - sci-fi monsters were a stupid idea

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The orc briefer was one of the nastiest voice overs I have had to endure...
AND the words 'me smash you good' were never uttered once. Talk about a dissapointment.

Keep them coming!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts