Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
Flight simulators and RTS games with very high unit limits will all tax the cpu heavily. I don't know if you'll find a single game that rises above all else, but the previous statement should give you what you're looking for.

• Rep+
Reactions: Jov4nTh3Yu9o

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Flight Simulator X is probably the big one. Supreme Commander is another. Stuff that hass a mass of multiple calculations to perform at the same time.

Counterstrike with a ton of bots running locally? Garry's Mod?

Source games do use the CPU a fair amount.

• Rep+
Reactions: Jov4nTh3Yu9o

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright thanks, I don't have any flight simulators at the moment, but I do have Shogun II which I can max out anyway. The Reason I'm asking is because newer games like Rage look like they takes a lot of processing power and aside from my plans to upgrade to a new gpu I was thinking of possibly upgrading my cpu as well.

·
Adclock.net
3,752 Posts
Tbh i think your I7 920 will be fine, i honestly wouldn't worry about it for a while.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Dwarf fortress taxes the cpu a lot, mostly because its single core and poorly optimized, but once a fortress gets big enough your cpu cries

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.