Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IDk But I have +1000hr of FTL - Faster Than Light. Maybe into +2000 IDK, does Steam add up hours across multiple windows installs??

I've done well at Easy, and Normal, but Have to try Hard more, did that for maybe 2 months a while ago, and DDDDIIIIEIIIIIEEDDDD ?? (But almost beat the boss on some ships/builds/ but was destroyed early sectors many times too

(have i beat it on hard (horrible) IDK I should just check steam and see, but IDK if I ever won on hard mode yet. IDK atm

1st time I played this, I was too dumb too know anything, plus I just knew it was a space game, and nothing else.

About A YEAR later, I try it again and it makes perfect sense, and I'M HOOKED.

+1000-2000hr later

No little video will show it's scope or random replayableabilty

Think of your favorite Sci-fi
-space ship
boat/whatever sci-fi

And this game is that in Movie/TV/BOOK/ETC every time

faster than light gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=faster+than+light+gameplay

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I started a game of FTL then exited to write this, now I remember, I went back to working on a hobby project (and forgot about FTL), , and felt sometyhing was missing...like the action of video games....now I must go fight space aliens in spaces and places

·
...and you'll FLOAT TOO!!
4,035 Posts
The most amount of time in a game for me has to be Final Fantasy VII on PS1. The counter stops registering at 286 hours (if I'm remembering correctly), and mine was maxed out for about 7 years - before my little brother blindly saved over my file. Haven't been able to pick it up again since...

I have FTL (damn Steam sales
biggrin.gif
), but haven't tried it out.... I'm kind of a "media hoarder".... Hehehe....

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
That I can viisibly see the hours of; 1338hrs in BF2142, 1224hrs in BF4 (360), 1395 GTAV (PC-rollover of Xbox360).

Shame I never had tracking back on Tie Fighter, CIv V with my brother (countless month-long games haha), all the C&C games and others, especially FFIX, FFX and Gran Turismo, yeesh I spent some times on those (actually there is tracking, but I don't think my old memory cards will work, worth a look though!). However I'm pretty certain I've never bashed any games quite like I did the BF ones, GTAV and Blops 1 (possibly 2 also).
I did play a text-based MUD, which will most likely top all of them. It really consumed my life, so I'm not going to even bother putting that one in.
tongue.gif

I'm gonna have to load up my BlackOps and peek at those stats on the 360 as I know I spent a huge amount of time in that.

[EDIT: Unrelated, but I just checked out my MAL to see the hours of Anime I've watched (at least noted down here) and it's over 4400hrs
biggrin.gif
Glad to know that's under my top games combined still! ]

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
7263 hours... World of Warcraft.

• Rep+
Reactions: Rollac

·
4,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTurn View Post

Good lord!! Hehehe....

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can some-one make a part-time job where the computer control interface is fun like a video might be fun, ...I guess the RL thing is Soldiers in Wars

better to play games without death

I'm being positive and saying build fun videogames of doing real world stuff, like engineering, construction jobs, whatever, and the allow people to build stuff IRL just by playing a fun vidoe game, and get paid for it. (but minus a lot of money if u damage the building and worse hurt people )

Then also tho, why even bother with the buildings at all.

WHY NOT JUST IMAGINE THEY ARE REAL< AND PRETEND TO RENT THEM< AND BUILD THEM< AND LIVE IN THEM....People get rich of ideas..........and ???? The building would be very real but not in the same ways as my bed or food are,

·
Rabies is my business
4,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTurn View Post

·
PC Gamer
3,899 Posts
I'm gonna go by what steam says and say GTA5 with 1,596 hours.

I stopped playing around the time Online turned into Saints Row.

Another shocker to some would be The Division with 538 hours, despite the game's glaring flaws I still had a blast with it.

·
4,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHo29388 View Post

I'm gonna go by what steam says and say GTA5 with 1,596 hours.

I stopped playing around the time Online turned into Saints Row.

Another shocker to some would be The Division with 538 hours, despite the game's glaring flaws I still had a blast with it.
I tried playing the online portion of GTA V, but it was too different from the actual game for me and I couldn't get into it....

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I've played ungodly amounts of hours of several MMOs. Knights online, silkroad, perfect world, runscape etc.
Command and Conquer renegade, i wouldn't be surprised if i hit over 10k. I practically lived in that game.

Recent years, i've played Guild Wars 2 just over 5000 hours in the past 5 years. With the new Xpack just released, it will probably add at least 1 thousand more.
Then there's gonna be more large game updates that will keep my satisfied till' a potential new xpack.

·
Adclock.net
3,751 Posts
3.5 years in wow over 18k hours

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
think if we get paid for this and its just about as fun as some games

some work is fun anyways but not all...unless games were added to simulate it in a more fun way

KILL THE dust
or
CATCH the dust

made into video game...my arm is being crushed writing this...too much equipment on the couch

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayleyne View Post

3.5 years in wow over 18k hours
If my calculations are right, that's over 14 hours a day. I'm not exactly sure what to say to you about this.

·
Adclock.net
3,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseen0 View Post

If my calculations are right, that's over 14 hours a day. I'm not exactly sure what to say to you about this.
wows been around for over 14 years, i used to play it religiously

·
Premium Member
12,224 Posts
  1. Tekken series: 10,000-20,000~ hours. Been playing this mostly hardcore for 17 years.
  2. Starcraft series 8000~ hours. SC1 and 2 were my life for 2-4 years when they came out.
  3. Diablo 3: 3000-4000~ hours. Lots of hours, enjoyed it, but was disappointed at the same time. Over all it was fun but made me realize the godly Blizzard of old was dead. It was like seeing Blizzard bleed for the first time.
Honorable mentions: Doom/TwistedMetal2/MAG/Warhawk/Battlefield4.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Never have or never will play anything more than I played World of Warcraft raided from 2005-2012 i dont know or want to know how many hours is that 20-30k hours ? probably...
Even quit my job at one point since it started to prevent me raiding, priorities
biggrin.gif

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts