Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm planning a build with the following:

- AMD Phenom II X2 555 (planning to unlock cores, then OC after stabilizing)
- G.SKILL 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600
- POWERCOLOR AX4850 512MD3-PH Radeon HD 4850 512MB
- Standard HD, DVD, and ATX Mid Tower etc...
- Will upgrade cpu fan to Sunbeam CR-CCTF

I'm leaning towards either the Asus M4A785TD-V or the ASRock M3A785GMH.

Which do you think is the better option? Or, I would welcome any recommendations other than the two I've listed.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I will second your choice for the ASUS 785G EVO, it is an excellent board. I have built several computers for friends with that board at the center and the integrated graphics are wonderful for Windows 7 and anything a non-enthusiast could want. Good overclocker too.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I recommend the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-223-_-Product

one of the best am3 boards out IMO!

I have loved this board since I got it. A lot of overclocking options in the bios. 4 pcie x16 slots for cross, tri and quadfire setups. I haven't had any issues with this board.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
View Post

I forgot to say Hi and welcome to OCN

Thanks for the greeting!

After some reading and "fiscal" constraints, the Gigabyte appears to be the sweet spot purchase for me.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
It may be a little to early for that board. It's a 1.0 board, meaning they're just out and on their first BIOS. SATA III USB 3 is very new to MBs.
Go with the ASUS for now.

Buyers review.

Very Disappointed

white Reviewed By: Phil on 3/21/2010
Rating + 1
Tech Level Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week
This user purchased this item from Newegg

Pros: This board has the makings of a great motherboard. If all the bells and whisles that come on it work.
Cons: The SATA2 ports are unstable and the SATA3 ports don't work at all. I had to go from plug to plug until I found one to work. I'm currently using my SATA3 drive in the SATA2 mode just to be able to boot. So basically this board may not be ready for prime time usage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts