Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my friend just built a new rig with the APEVIA X-DISCOVERY case and I put in 2 80mm fans that were optional in the front to help out The CPU is idle at 40C but the motherboard is at 45C. What could be causeing this and what are some techniques for wire management for creating optimal air flow inside the case.thanks

He has most of his wires cable tided behided the metal drive bay near the harddrive and DVD-ROM is this ok?

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
If the CPU has a descent temp then don't worry too much about the mobo. Are you sure the readings are correct?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Hiding cables is a mater of creativity. Anywhere that reduces there obstructions is usually fine.
My preferance, when possible is to route the flat type under the MB. Do be carefull though, those lttle pointy soldered connections can, with time, protrude into the cable so do it wisely.
On the 45c temp, are you sure that is not the chip set temp ?
The 2x80mm in fans... do you have a relative amount of volume being drawn out? With out a somewhat ballanced in/out volume the case temps can rise. Far to much aiur in will circulate the air in the case but it has little means to get out! If necesssary, get more exhaust flow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts