Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I might be being really stupid here but my motherboard doesn't beep when I switch in the power, I've connected everything (or so I think) but it seems I haven't connected the speaker. The pc boots fine it just doesn't beep. What is the speaker cable likely to be labelled as? It's not a major issue as the pc is posting but its more for peace if mind.

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sast View Post

Ok I might be being really stupid here but my motherboard doesn't beep when I switch in the power, I've connected everything (or so I think) but it seems I haven't connected the speaker. The pc boots fine it just doesn't beep. What is the speaker cable likely to be labelled as? It's not a major issue as the pc is posting but its more for peace if mind.
If the fast boot option is enabled in BIOS, it will skip some of the routine checks. Disable it will hear the POST beep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sast View Post

Another question.

The motherboard (big bang marshal) has 2x 8 pin power connectors aswell as 1x 6pin near the pcie slots. Do these need to be used? Because with my current power supply I don't have enough connectors to plug into each one.
I believe that's the extra power for PCIe slots if you have multi-GPU setup, yes, power it. Otherwise no need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts