Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was looking at the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 that can hold up to 62 HDD using all the esata ports, sata ports, usb ports and all 6 PCI - Express Card to connect the USB3.0 7 - Ports Desktop PCI - Express Card from newegg (6 of them), sparing 1 PCI slot for a GPU. With this set up I can hold up to 62 HDD which i need for work HDD data transferring and formatting. The only problem is that AMD FX processors are not good for gaming and I would like to game as well.

I was hoping that a good intel fanboy can help me pick up a motherboard that has many USB ports, SATA ports as well and a least 7 PCI - express slot so i can use 6 of them with the USB3.0 7 - Ports Desktop PCI - Express Card from newegg and one for my GPU GTX 980.

I would like to build a Intel rig where i can connect at least 60 sata hard drives or more for work and enjoy the benefits of playing high end graphic demanding games in ultra settings (FC4, BF4, Watch Dogs). If there's a set up option for me like this with the possibility of having a SLI set the please let me know. SLI is not a must but would be nice.

BTW, this out be my first PC build.

My budget is $1,700 for the Build and $400 for sata cable, usb 2 sata cables, esata 2 esata cables to connect the HDDs.

The AMD Build was:

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 (7 expansion slots, 10 USB ports, 8 Sata ports, 2 estat ports) for connecting 62 HDDs
AMD FX 9590 (water cooling)
GTX 980
Thermaltake 1200W

I can't find a equal Intel mobo with (7 expansion slots, 10 USB ports, 8 Sata ports, 2 estat ports) for connecting 62 HDDs

1 - 1 of 1 Posts