Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a Asus P5N-T Deluxe board. Windows 7 is installed and running, is it vital to install the "Asus" software that came along with the board on a disc?

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
I find that Windows 7 takes card of everything except video and audio (I have a sound card) drivers just fine. I'd say your good without installing it, no reason to install something that isn't necessary when it's already working fine, or re-install something that Windows already found for you.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
lolol If you need drivers for your motherboard you can probably find windows 7 support on gigabytes website.
its an asus board, its not the rig on my sig, this rig is for a friend. but yeah i think ill just let windows 7 manage the motherboard drivers.

besides hes not really an overclocker, so he's stuff is vanilla all the way.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Well, my ASUS Rampage II Gene came with 3dMark 06, and the xfi audio drivers, among other things, saving me about a 100mb download (all the stuff put together). Of course, the CD seek time sapped all the time savings away

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ablearcher View Post
Well, my ASUS Rampage II Gene came with 3dMark 06, and the xfi audio drivers, among other things, saving me about a 100mb download (all the stuff put together). Of course, the CD seek time sapped all the time savings away
xfi audio drivers? you mean for like optical audio out?
oh wait nvrmind, i don't think this board has that audio like yours.

It says it has ADI 1988B 8 channel audio with optical out

i think ill just let windows 7 handle the audio drivers.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You should be able to download all of the moterboard drivers on the internet. But personally I have built several computers with out using the motherboard drivers and the systems all seem to work out fine. It may just depend on the motherboard, but I would highly recoomend downloading the drivers of the internet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts