Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i need to know if my motherboard is any good. im positive it will work just fine with all my parts, but is there any benefit to a different board? [Asus only] i dont understand any of the terms like: p68/ p67 ETC.
so that being said [sorry if this is confusing, i had an essay of a topic written a second ago but i closed it by accident
doh.gif
] i want to know if anyone would make a change to my board.
my specs and board are as follows:

Antec Lanboy Air ATX
i5 2500k
8GB [2X] corsair vengance 1600MHZ RAM
EVGA GTX560
Antec High Current Gamer 750 [OR] 620 watt PSU
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooler

and my motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

i assume it works with all of my parts but i still dont know what Asus Motherboard would best fit me. if there is any change in the board you want to tell me go right ahead.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
everything is compatible, the board will be fine, i will warn that ive had to deal with asus customer support in the past and i have not had any good experiences dealing with them.

p67 z68 are different chipsets. the z68 is the newest one and supports all the features of the previous sandy bridge chipsets. is also supposed to be compatable for ivy bridge cpus.

dont know much about the board itself, but i would suggest switching to a PCI express gen 3 board it that one does not support it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
That motherboard will be perfectly fine. If you want to get better overclocks, try the P8Z68-V Pro

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
allright. with regards to PCI, will it be a problem to use PCI 2? my card is PCI 2 im pretty sure, but is that close to becomming obsolete?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts