Thanks.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MOCAMBO
View Post

Dfi? I thought it would be the P5Q-E ?

I chose DFI because of the plethora of BIOS options, but the P5Q-E has a better support base

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
DFI

Has a more complex BIOS for extreme Overclocking alot of world records are set on DFI boards.

I would stick with a DFI all the way!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I would say the ASUS P5Q-E or Maybe a P5E X38 if u can spare some money. I choose ASUS because they have always been good with my OCs and ASUS also gets the first enginering sample from intel as ASUS helped intel alot in mobo designing during the earlier x86 proccesors

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
DFI if you want to get the best possible overclock for your hardware, and don't mind spending a lot of time tweeking bios options. These boards can be a bit fussy, but once everything is finalized get some really awesome results.

ASUS probably won't have quite the same overclocking potential, but tend to be very stable, while offering some decent overclocking options. If you're looking to do a quick and reliable overclocking job for everyday use, this is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
If you're super experienced with OCing and want to push it as far as possible.. DFI. If you want a great board for the money, P5Q-E

~B~

·
Iconoclast
30,611 Posts
The P5Q-E will likely OC noticeably better with a Yorkfield than the DFI; finer GTL controls and a better PWM.

I don't doubt the DFI does better with duals.

·
PC Evangelist
47,372 Posts
The fact that i got my Q6600 @ 3.6 with 1.35volts its a good thing about P5Q-E. Also not many people are getting P45 from DFI which means ASUS will be in the web more and more support for it. There are more then enough bios options in ASUS P5Q-E.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
DFI will get the highest FSB if you have the skill. No doubt about it. It's the overclocker's board.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can anyone help me find Q9550
DFI T2RS P45 Oc guide or
P5Q-E Oc guide?

I've already made only one oc for my E6300cpu
with a $hitty motherboard,
I don't know if ill be fine with the t2rs
but the p5qe looks very good
im 70% with the DFi