Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i turn off the power supply form back and turn on my pc, all of my bottom right icons disappear and also my time has been reset.

i also have changed the motherboard battery but no luck.
what should i do to fix it.

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
If you're SURE that the new battery you put in is good, i'd check your CMOS jumpers and make sure they're on the correct pins.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Are you overclocked? I keep my desktop clean of Icons (I just use Quick Launch) so I cannot help with that oddball indication. But when I am amidst in overclocking on the edge I have seen your other clock event do exactly as you discribed.

Don't laugh but I also saw the need to have set up your Region, Time Zone and and day/date , along with time shifts like DayLight Savings correctly set to your actual location seems to have solved this issue with my systems. My goofy theory is Windows or something else that auto updates (anti-virus) or spyware tracking your location may detect something incorrect and gets confused and fails while attempting to reconsile the contradiction. I realize these seem longshots. But I have observed them personally on my systems. Otherwise I would not have posted this. Feel free to disregard. Just trying to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts