Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
Sideways should be fine, as the orientation of the Corsair H50 doesn't make a difference.

Can't comment on upside-down, but it should be okay.

·
Registered
392 Posts
unsure of that one, i got that same pump with my swiftech kit and it advised that it should be upgright position.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
As long as your seals are good (O ring) it should not matter how it is mounted. A seals a seal. However depending where you mount it could effect the acoustic sound levels. It might be louder if say you mounted it to a flimsy side panel instead of a sturdy frame to a case. Water provides more stability than air. It's not like mounting a HDD at a 45 degree angle.

If you look at it while unscrewing the the knobbed ring that holds the pump to the top, you could turn it in a complete circle and see no difference, other than the inlet/outlet in the pump top. You could put a bracket in any direction, and still get the same performance. (if the mounting holes weren't in a specific location)

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_italian_stallion;13105591
you can mount them sideways no problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by gre0481;13105633
As long as your seals are good (O ring) it should not matter how it is mounted. A seals a seal. However depending where you mount it could effect the acoustic sound levels. It might be louder if say you mounted it to a flimsy side panel instead of a sturdy frame to a case. Water provides more stability than air. It's not like mounting a HDD at a 45 degree angle.

If you look at it while unscrewing the the knobbed ring that holds the pump to the top, you could turn it in a complete circle and see no difference, other than the inlet/outlet in the pump top. You could put a bracket in any direction, and still get the same performance. (if the mounting holes weren't in a specific location)
Thanks this is helpful my plan is to put it between to sponges and stuff in towards the front of the case in a 2x 5.25 bay slot. I think it will hold really snug right there and be completely hidden I don't have much other options as well unless I ditch one of my optical drives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts