Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some issues mounting several fans to a few Black Ice Nemesis GTS 480 Radiators. There are two sets of screws that came with the Radiator on order a long and short set. I've been working on mounting the cooling fans to the radiator. Some the screws i can tighten the fans to the Radiator, on the other holes the screw won't tighten at all and just seem to keep spinning and not tightening at all into radiator holes. So on mounting one fan i might get two holes to tighten and the other screws both loose. How do i fix this? Do i need to get a different set of screws or bigger screws?

Also when i also try to mount the Radiator to the top of my CaseLabs Case the short screws that came with the radiator are too to allow mounting to the top of the case. I couldn't get a single screw to thread at all. Anyone know what size these screws are. I'm figuring i'm going to have to spend some time at Home Depot or Lowes to hunt for correct size screws.

/

·
Registered
830 Posts
When i bought my GTS, i knew i was gonna have problems mounting to my SMA8.

I bought M4 6mm and 30mm long screws from ebay.

Some of my fans arent secure with 4 screws. There's a few with 3 and one, or two with just 2 screws.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi there. The 30mm screws are available from your vendor. Cases nowadays use thicker gauge materials. The fans have added vibration pads as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Between Home Depot and Lowes I was able to find some M4 screws at .7mm thread but far from enough as they had a very small selection of 2 pack scew sets. Trying out a few screws the 8mm length screws worked much better than the 6mm for mounting the Radiators to case and longer than the ones that initially came with the Rads. The M4 30mm length one also worked great and better than the ones supplied with Rads also. Since couldn't get enough screws between Home Depot and Lowes I went to Fastenal and was able to pick up a 50 pack set of M4 .7mm thread 8mm and 30mm screws which came to a total of about $5.50. That was way far cheaper than what I picked up just a few 2 packs of screws at Home Depot for. So should be able to get my fans and Rads mounted now hopefully without much issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts