Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to mount or just stick the SSD somewhere within my case, what is the best and safest way to do it?

I heard from some people that putting some double sided tape on the back of the drive then sticking it on would do fine.

Any other suggestions/feedback? Thanks

·
Registered
762 Posts
I don't know if I'd want to use double sided tape. As simple a solution as it might be, it would leave residue on the SSD. If you don't mind cleaning that up with Goo Gone later on, double sided tape is fine.

With the 800D, can't you just mount it in your hot swap bay with your other HDDs like this?
ro5GF.jpg

Or, you can even get a http://www.amazon.com/SILVERSTONE-SDP08-3-5-2-5-Inch-Converter/dp/B002BH3Z8E/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1302916353&sr=1-2]5.25 to 2.5 bay adapter[/URL] and toss them it into your ODD bay.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I could use the drive bays but I am planning on filling them up with actual high capacity HDDs soon... and I'd like to keep my Vertex 3s in my system as boot drives.

I do some work that require me to store and keep a lot of data on hand which is why my HDD bays will be full.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Stored mine on top of another drive back when I was running the SSD in my old Dell - affixed with electrical tape even
wink.gif
. Isopropyl alcohol works wonders for getting any goo off; or well it did for me at least. Also works very well for removing thermal grease / TIM off heatsinks.

Now the drive has it's own bay but I'd still generally agree with others here. Doesn't really seem to matter where you set the little guys.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
This is how i mount mine in the NZXT Phantom. Double side tapes

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use velcro mounts and it works really well as it can be applied just about anywhere in the case. Just stick one side of the velcro on the case, the other side on the SSD and you got a hassle free on off mount. If you use the double sided tape, the problem I ran into was when I was trying to take it off the case. The tape might stick on too hard and you might have to apply some pressure to yank it off the case and this might ruin the drive if not done carefully.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I'm using the tapes that came with my UV and LED lights, very easy to take off.

·
Registered
298 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts