Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wasteland Plunderer
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys. I moved to a new apartment and after i got my computer all set back up there is lag with my keyboard and mouse. This is what i'm using...

Keyboard - Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000

Mouse - Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000

Both are bluetooth.

When i type sometimes there is lag from what i'm typing to it appearing onscreen. As for the mouse there is lag when i move it around on the screen. Either my cursor is slow and trying to catch up or it jumps across the screen and very laggy. I've been looking online for new replacements... Let me know what you guys think or remedies to my problem.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivious;13116321
Wireless
Found the problem. No need to thank me.

·
Wasteland Plunderer
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same thing. I've always had wireless keyboards and mice but for some reason i'm not liking my bluetooth anymore. I had this problem a while back and then it stopped but the problem is back. I've been looking at wired mouses. Maybe get a new one.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wireless. More than likely, the "noisy" RF environment (from your proximity to many neighbors in the apartment complex) is at fault, there are other wireless networks, keyboards, mice, cordless phones, game controller, microwave ovens, bluetooth devices, etc. all competing for bandwidth or just plain interfering with the 2.4 GHz band. Going wired will solve this problem.

·
Wasteland Plunderer
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you guys recommend for a mouse? I don't really game on my computer but i was checking out the Kinzu, Xai and DeathAdder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts