Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://utmalesoldiers.blogspot.com/2013/02/114.html

He compares the click registration delay for various mice, using the Logitech G300 as a reference (that's why faster mice have negative values).

I'd like to see more mice tested like this and I'd also like to know what makes some mice slower than others. Hopefully manufacturers will start paying more attention to this.

And this is from an older test by sousu, which includes some other mice:

(more info here: http://sousuch.web.fc2.com/DIY/mouse_latency/index.html)

----
At the bottom of this page you can find another click latency test, done using a different method (bumping two mice together -- see the Addendum for details).

----
Addendum:

Anyone who wants to directly compare two mice in a simple way, can use "Mouse Shooting Speed Test" (or "Mouse Click Response Speed Testing Software"), downloadable from here.

Using it is pretty straight forward: bump LMB against RMB of the other mouse.
Note that the left mouse button of either mouse is A and the right mouse button of either mouse is B. So when you switch the mice bumping by L/R buttons, the winner will change from A to B or vice versa (assuming one mouse is always faster than the other with both buttons).

For a more accurate test you should bump the mice at high speed. But use some common sense if you don't want to break something.
wink.gif

Also the accuracy of the test might depend on your specific system (USB ports, software, ...).

·
Banned
383 Posts
hmm interesting,. i wonder how the original mx518 fits in. i would assume it should be close to the g400 on that chart?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahar View Post

Why the ADNS-3090 sensor based mice do so bad on this test? What does this test even calculate?
This test has a timer, comparing the delay between left click and right click. The idea is that you bump the left click of one mouse into the right click of the other, but this guy wired both mice to the same switch.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phos View Post

This test has a timer, comparing the delay between left click and right click. The idea is that you bump the left click of one mouse into the right click of the other, but this guy wired both mice to the same switch.
and what is causing the said delay difference between the mice? Has it got anything to do with sensor or other inner hardware?

·
Registered
400 Posts
This is an amazingly bad way to test response time because the resistance of the button/shell won't be the same for both mice (it would still be BS regardless), one mouse button HAS to go down first (the one with least resistance) and that's not relevant.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantavia View Post

This is an amazingly bad way to test response time because the resistance of the button/shell won't be the same for both mice (it would still be BS regardless), one mouse button HAS to go down first (the one with least resistance) and that's not relevant.
That's why the guy who made this article wired both mice to the same switch.

·
Registered
487 Posts
looks like logitech G-series FTW. I wonder how my mouse, the G700 fits in since it's not listed.

·
Registered
400 Posts
This article was linked in conjunction with the mouse bumping test thread =/

·
Registered
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantavia View Post

Would be nice to see some Zowie Mice up there
the AM is there its doing quite badly compared to other 3090 mouse at 15ms while others are 10ms kana v2 or 5ms recon . I wonder if they improved on this latency in the FK ? hope so

+/- 10ms is a huge difference and just flat out matters.
more people should pay attention to this imo.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updated with Steelseries Rival and Roccat Kone Pure. The latter seems to vary a lot depending on firmware.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by early View Post

Logitech G502 has been added.
Can you add Bloody series mouse? (V 3/5/7/8)?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6600LE View Post

I've noticed that I have the highest rail gun (quake) accuracy when I'm using my G400. I guess this is why.
I've noticed a difference as well in how I need to aim with my DA:BE and G400.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Wow this is some incredible info you found. I will definitely be bookmarking this. Glad to see the G502 has reasonable input lag and excellent sensor accuracy.

·
Registered
400 Posts
What about the Zowie EC1/2 evo, FK, AM and the Mionix Avior 7000? :3

1 - 20 of 685 Posts