Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
No longer New to OCN
2,523 Posts
Yeah pretty much the naga if you don't mind the price. I've got a naga molten edition for MMOs, it's great. Nice size and weight. I thought at first the buttons on the side would be too small to accurately use with my thumb but actually it was pretty easy to get used to

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
If you claw grip like me,you may find that naga/G600 sidebuttons can be a nuissance - my palm doesn't apply enough pressure to the mouse so using my thumb to press those moves it and it is annoying. In that case consider G300/G700, fewer buttons but nice form.

·
Registered
262 Posts
For a little bit less there's the Corsair M95. I use one myself and I have to say it's the best mouse I've ever owned. The sensor is high quality and flawless when it comes to accuracy. In my case it's amazingly comfortable and every one of the macro buttons is perfectly positioned for my grip. Comes with profile software and all that, and as far as I've experienced so far there's nothing to complain about when it comes to features. And it's cheaper than a Naga if price is a concern.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Where do you look at them cause I bought mine for 100 dollars and that's in Denmark so I would imagine it would be even less wherever you're at.

·
Registered
235 Posts
AFAIK u have few options:

Razer Naga 2014
Logitech MMO
Mad Catz MMO 7

and additionally razer orbweaver/tartarus and ur ready to go for heroic raids
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renji1337 View Post

Well i want the mouse buttons to keybind more skills. thats primarily what i need. or a way to use more skills. I play WoW where i have more than 30 skills keybound
Logitech is probably the best choice. G600. I use that for my MMO's. Have never been impressed with Razer's. Too each their own thou.

Edit: I have used the M95 from Corsair. That would be a good choice as well.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I'd use the Logitech G600 or the Corsair M95 before I'd ever touch a Razer PTE mouse like the Naga again.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredgHar View Post

In mmo game PTE acurracy is enough
It has nothing to do with accuracy. I used the Naga for an entire expansion cycle in WoW and I never stopped having issues with the sensor. It was extremely sensitive to dust, so anything at all on the lens caused the cursor to stop functioning all together. The cursor would walk up the screen on it's own, and worst of all the x axis stopped functioning all together. Cleaning wouldn't fix it. It just gave up the ghost. That was the last straw for me with the PTE sensors. I own one mouse other than the Naga with a PTE and it's trash (RAT 7).

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Quote:

whats PTE?
Philips Twin-Eye. It's a doppler type laser sensor.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'll throw in my support for the M95 as well. It's the only "mmo" mouse I've used that feels natural to me. All of the others feel excessively large in my hands (which aren't big), and I really appreciate the button layout. Plus it looks great too
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadricwan View Post

I'll throw in my support for the M95 as well. It's the only "mmo" mouse I've used that feels natural to me. All of the others feel excessively large in my hands (which aren't big), and I really appreciate the button layout. Plus it looks great too
thumb.gif
those buttons on the m95 look horrible to use o_o

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadricwan View Post

thumb.gif
I say either M95 or Logitech G602. Do NOT even consider ANYTHIING that uses the Philips Twin-Eye laser. Its probably the worst sensor Ive ever used.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Quote:

those buttons on the m95 look horrible to use o_o
And that's why it's important to take all mouse-related advice with a grain of salt - it's all a matter of opinion
smile.gif

I happen to find the buttons very well placed, as they're all within easy reach with my thumb, and I can easily tell the difference between them. I never accidentally press the wrong one.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts