Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this just started today, as I've never seen it before, but we now have mouse over advertisements finding themselves in the text on the webpage.

Here is an example of what I mean:

Even more annoying is that it doesn't limit itself to forum posts.

They seem to be found in the same spot over and over, once you notice one. I don't know if they are in the same spot for every user however.

When you click on the "?" mark found on the ad, it will bring you to their site: http://text-enhance.com/

This offers an opt-out option, but I am not going to go through that process, as I do not know how it monitors such things. I wouldn't even trust getting a cookie from this company.

·
DIY Guy
1,439 Posts
I actually don't notice any ads anymore due to ABP.

Once I disabled the ads on OCN (so the site could get money), but I just couldn't stand the annoying ads and filtered them again.

I'm very sorry for this OCN staff, but such ads aren't considered normal in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I can't stand ads, and regardless of the site I will not disable adblock plus, even if it's their source of revenue.

But in OCN's case, as it's helped me and so many others and I just love the community here, I avoided running the ads so they'd make money, I just directly deposited it to them. =p

·
Premium Member
22,000 Posts
We hate annoying ads too, and will never knowingly allow stuff like that into the rotation (and will promptly work to block it if something does sneak past). If you're able, please right-click the advertisement and use your browser's option most similar to 'copy link location'. With the exact referrer URL, we can determine exactly what ad campaign is creating popovers and remove them. You can post those links in a thread like this, email them to us directly, use the site contact form, etc.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well, at least you won an iPad.

Ha-ha.

You can use Adblock to block the specific ad if you don't want to disable all ads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts