Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how to explain this exactly but when I play CSGO and try to aim precisely with precision in small areas to get a headshot or even when I walk around corners holding my crosshair on a angle it looks like mouse mouse jitters by skipping tiny pixels which is very off-putting.
I'm using 400dpi and 1.9 in-game sensitivity, yet the problem persists. However, when I use lower in-game sens it somewhat fixes but it's unplayable. I cannot play at that sens.

TLDR: I'm using 400dpi and 1.9 and and when I try to aim accurately looks like it skips pixels or jitters.

At first I thought it was my Razer Galiathus mouse pad, so I bought the Corsair mm400 but it still happens.

Razer Taipan
Corsair MM400

Made a video. This is 400dpi and not playing CSGO.
https://vid.me/JZJx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Hmm Razer doesn't bode well, but trying to stay positive
wink.gif
how old is it?

Do you have any 'normal' mouse to use as a control, just to see if you still get the same issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzon View Post

Less than a year. And no I don't.
Anyway you can borrow a friend's mouse or work colleague?

At one stage I owned 3 mice for my computer. The CS:GO mouse, the G303 with it's amazing sensor (best in the world), a 'recreation' mouse which was my old SS Rival (PMW 3310 is still a good sensor and better than any Razer stuff) and an office mouse for homework.

This worked out neatly because it prevented over-wear of each mouse, because it's not just mouse feet and buttons that get won - it's also the efficiency (And effectivity) of the sensor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSebWilkes View Post

Anyway you can borrow a friend's mouse or work colleague?

At one stage I owned 3 mice for my computer. The CS:GO mouse, the G303 with it's amazing sensor (best in the world), a 'recreation' mouse which was my old SS Rival (PMW 3310 is still a good sensor and better than any Razer stuff) and an office mouse for homework.

This worked out neatly because it prevented over-wear of each mouse, because it's not just mouse feet and buttons that get won - it's also the efficiency (And effectivity) of the sensor.
I don't think I can. I might just buy a new one, which one would you recommend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
The mouse is not the problem, the settings are the problem.
Your mouse is skipping pixels because your settings.
Google mouse CS GO guide.

If you do end up getting a new mouse you need to find a shape thats good for your hand.
It needs to fill your hand, your fingers should not extend the top and your wrist should fit on the mouse so that it does not touch the bottom of the mouse pad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allseeing View Post

The mouse is not the problem, the settings are the problem.
Your mouse is skipping pixels because your settings.
Google mouse CS GO guide.

If you do end up getting a new mouse you need to find a shape thats good for your hand.
It needs to fill your hand, your fingers should not extend the top and your wrist should fit on the mouse so that it does not touch the bottom of the mouse pad.
Wait what? 400 DPI is a very common DPI and I doubt he is using a 4k monitor or something.

1.9 sens is also a very normal sens? These shouldn't cause stuttering ...

OH, have you tried raw input?

EDIT: As for an office mouse, go for a wireless mouse - they are always handy to have for work.
smile.gif


If this does a similar sort of thing, bearing in mind it's weaker sensor, then it's your computer / CS:GO. If seems to work more smoothly, then it's just razer being bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allseeing View Post

The mouse is not the problem, the settings are the problem.
Your mouse is skipping pixels because your settings.
Google mouse CS GO guide.

If you do end up getting a new mouse you need to find a shape thats good for your hand.
It needs to fill your hand, your fingers should not extend the top and your wrist should fit on the mouse so that it does not touch the bottom of the mouse pad.
My settings? No matter what DPI and sens I use, whenever I use low settings this problem happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSebWilkes View Post

Wait what? 400 DPI is a very common DPI and I doubt he is using a 4k monitor or something.

1.9 sens is also a very normal sens? These shouldn't cause stuttering ...

OH, have you tried raw input?

EDIT: As for an office mouse, go for a wireless mouse - they are always handy to have for work.
smile.gif


If this does a similar sort of thing, bearing in mind it's weaker sensor, then it's your computer / CS:GO. If seems to work more smoothly, then it's just razer being bad.
I tried raw input, still same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Well then its def the moues or the drivers. Razer has been known to release some pretty crappy software. When did you notice it happen? Try using older/reinstall drivers. Do you have any other game you could test it on? Does it do this in windows as well?
What are your windows sensitivity settings? Is windows enhanced pointer precision enabled?
I know, i know you have raw input on.

How long have you had your mouse? I just got a steelseries rival 300. Used to have a deathadder, the build quality and precision of this mouse is allot better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Thats a grate mouse. It has the best sensor in the world but that does not mean **** if it does not fit your hand.
I think bestbuy sells them, you can test it there. I would have gotten that mouse if it fit my hand, but its to small.
You want a mouse that you can wrest your wrist on so thats its off the mat and your fingers should not extend past the top of the mouse (although if you have large hands that might be impossible)
You should pay attention to how high the right side of the mouse is vs the left side. That will determine if your forearm is sitting at angle or sitting straight.

Trust me you want to get this right. I used a death adder for a while and it did not fit my hand. Over time it caused pain my wrist and pinky. I got a mouse that fit my hand and my game play has improved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mouse size is the least of my worries, efficiency is where it's at. Because I have this problem what I stated in OP. I need this to be gone regardless of mouse size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
I'm going to say it's because you are running 400dpi. Too low for your settings..

Refer to this, specifically the DPI section.
http://www.funender.com/quake/mouse/index.html

Fill in your settings and what kind of result do you get?
Quote:
My settings? No matter what DPI and sens I use, whenever I use low settings this problem happens.
So you have tried max DPI and a sensitivity value to result in an equivalent in/360?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzon View Post

Mouse size is the least of my worries, efficiency is where it's at. Because I have this problem what I stated in OP. I need this to be gone regardless of mouse size.
If you have the most accurate sensor in the world but cant control it then there is no point in having the world most accurate sensor. If this wasnt a problem then all the pro's would use the same mouse. Now days mouse hardware/specs does not matter so much. Its pretty much the same performance all around. Any professional gamer will tell you ergonomics is king when it comes to mice because there are allot of mice out there with quality sensors.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top