Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone suggest any mice for around £40 please? I mainly use palm grip and so far been considering the SteelSeries Rival but would like to get someone else suggestions on different mice.

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
In fact, I decided to buy the G400s at £40 instead of one of those gaming mice at £140! The sensor on Logitech's gaming series is awesome!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-Matt View Post

I agree, I have one and you can't get them here for cheap anymore (G400s
frown.gif
). I wish i bought 2!
Only thing that puts me off the Logitech mice is the look of it lol stupid i know, does anyone know what the kana v2 is like?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Quote:
I was coming to this thread to recommend the
logitech g400
never knew there was a "s" version of this mouse.

whats the difference?

To OP, i really love my logitech g400 (never tried the g400s so cant comment) i would recommend the g400 (or the g400s i guess seeing as how its an "upgrade" from g400)
nice size, smooth fit, and nice glide to it. really good sensor, the mouse doesnt like flicker on spot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMKR View Post

I was coming to this thread to recommend the
logitech g400
never knew there was a "s" version of this mouse.

whats the difference?

To OP, i really love my logitech g400 (never tried the g400s so cant comment) i would recommend the g400 (or the g400s i guess seeing as how its an "upgrade" from g400)
nice size, smooth fit, and nice glide to it. really good sensor, the mouse doesnt like flicker on spot.
Seems like a lot of people are recommending the g400/g400s I'll have to look into them more.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
SteelSeries Rival
Mionix Avior 7000 or Naos 7000

The G400s is okay. I hate the shape and the sensor is now outdated. Also it uses a higher latency SROM than the G400 before it. If you want a good 3090 mouse, I'd try an EC1 EVO.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Note that you can also pick up a G400 V2 from Amazon for a good price. It uses an older, but ultimately snappier sensor than the G400s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

SteelSeries Rival
Mionix Avior 7000 or Naos 7000

The G400s is okay. I hate the shape and the sensor is now outdated. Also it uses a higher latency SROM than the G400 before it. If you want a good 3090 mouse, I'd try an EC1 EVO.
Which one would you fully recommend getting out of them ?

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG10 View Post

Which one would you fully recommend getting out of them ?
For full disclosure I have owned the Rival, Avior 7000, G400, and G400s. I also have a Zowie FK, which uses the same sensor and has basically the same performance of the EC1 EVO. My favorite is my current mouse, which is the AVIOR 7000. It's well worth the price over the Rival, but if you aren't used to ambidextrous mice there will be a short adjustment period. I'm right handed and I love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

For full disclosure I have owned the Rival, Avior 7000, G400, and G400s. I also have a Zowie FK, which uses the same sensor and has basically the same performance of the EC1 EVO. My favorite is my current mouse, which is the AVIOR 7000. It's well worth the price over the Rival, but if you aren't used to ambidextrous mice there will be a short adjustment period. I'm right handed and I love it.
whats difference from the Avior 7000 and 8200?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Quote:

For full disclosure I have owned the Rival, Avior 7000, G400, and G400s. I also have a Zowie FK, which uses the same sensor and has basically the same performance of the EC1 EVO. My favorite is my current mouse, which is the AVIOR 7000. It's well worth the price over the Rival, but if you a:pren't used to ambidextrous mice there will be a short adjustment period. I'm right handed and I love it.
Have you tried the Storm Spawn? Having troubles going from it to the Avior 7000.

·
Audiophile
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2234 View Post

Have you tried the Storm Spawn? Having troubles going from it to the Avior 7000.
I was a HUGE fan of the Spawn and claw
I find the Sensei VERY comfortable; I'm assuming the Avior would probably feel similar (in terms of a claw grip.)

Honestly, wouldn't worry too much about the sensor as long as it doesn't exhibit huge issues; go for what feels comfortable to your hand...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.