Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With The help of Yomama9388, I just purchased the parts for the PC in my signature.
I was wondering if there is a best direction to mount the Mugen 2 to have room to increase ram later, but primarily for best cooling.
Any help would be great

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
well if i'm not mistaken, you do have the Antec 300 with a large pull fan at the top, so there will be no problem mounting it the "unusual" way giving more space for ram.

That's how i mounted the Tuniq tower for my friend's Antec 900 anyhow.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warezxxx
View Post

With The help of Yomama9388, I just purchased the parts for the PC in my signature.
I was wondering if there is a best direction to mount the Mugen 2 to have room to increase ram later, but primarily for best cooling.
Any help would be great

for the actual heatsink, you can really only mount it one way. It's a little close to being square. The good part with the Mugen 2 is you can mount the fans on any side. Pushing through the heatsink towards the back of the case is best. As far as ram goes the fan will sit above any normal sized ram, but if you have taller ram such as the dominators etc... then it will block it unless you mount the ran a little higher which in some cases will hit the side panel

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Hi,
I can try to help. I have both the Antec 300 and the Mugen-2 though I don't use the Mugen-2 in my Antec 300 case. The A300 case has excellent airflow and the Mugen will work very well with the fan blowing toward the rear of the case or upwards toward the 140mm fan. I personally have a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 in my A300 and have the fan pointing upward.

Your Trident memory might cause you some difficulties as the Mugen is a very large cooler. I believe the dimensions are 120mm by 130mm. In my Antec 1200 case (with the Mugen-2) my first ram slot is covered by the cooler. I use OCZ Gold memory dimms. Can you put the dimms in any slot? You can try that first. If memory serves me right, you might be able to mount the fan blowing upward to leave room for the dimms if they have to use the first slot. Either way, it will serve you well and keep your CPU cool. Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts