Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if something like this has been posted before;

Basically, has anyone ever had issues with characters in various games simply stopping moving at "almost" random intervals, i say almost because it usually involves some kind of break in their step, either climbing stairs, or changing levels of something.

I have alot of problems with Mass Effect with this, occasionally dragon age too, but its other games too, like Left 4 Dead 2, though the extent seems to vary alot.

its does not make the games unplayable by any means its just very irritating to have to re-press the movement keys in the middle of running just because your character has to stop and seemingly catch his breath!!

Im not sure if this is a hardware issue, maybe something related to games not liking win 7 & me using a wireless keyboard & mouse, any thoughts??

·
Registered
657 Posts
You could check a different mouse and keyboard to see if it fixes it, I had an issue like this before and it turned out to be a software problem. I was running a beta version of rivatuner and it would make my character freeze up randomly till I repressed the button.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Could possibly be ghosting on your keyboard, or the wireless signal cutting out. Do you have a wired keyboard you could test with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts