Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completed install of Win7 Ultimate x64 on Samsung 840 PRO 240, I copied my steam installation over from the old hdd to the SSD, now when I run steam it runs fine! But when I launch games through steam I get an error:

"Failed to run; app already open" or something along that line.

Any ideas please? I have verified the installs for all my games but none of them run.

Also, whilst on the subject of SSD's, how do I enable "trim" and "garbage" collection as I see no option to do so either in BIOS or in Windows.

Thanks!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Can't answer the Steam issue. Win 7 and your SSD take care of TRIM and GC, no need for any action on your part. HOWEVER, download nad install Samsung Magician V4.0 and run all the optimization wizards. Over-Provision (OP) by at least 10%).

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86JR View Post

Completed install of Win7 Ultimate x64 on Samsung 840 PRO 240, I copied my steam installation over from the old hdd to the SSD, now when I run steam it runs fine! But when I launch games through steam I get an error:

"Failed to run; app already open" or something along that line.

Any ideas please? I have verified the installs for all my games but none of them run.
You verified game cache?

Delete all the files and folders in the steam folder but the steam.exe and the steamapps folder. run the steam.exe and try again.
Quote:
Also, whilst on the subject of SSD's, how do I enable "trim" and "garbage" collection as I see no option to do so either in BIOS or in Windows.

Thanks!
TRIM is automatically enabled by windows.

Garbage collection is at firmware level and always will be enabled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts