Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full Title: BF3 â€" Longer to Rank Up in Final, Spawn System Tweaked, and Server Browsing for Consoles.

Quote:

In case you haven’t noticed, we’ve moved our Battlefield spotlight over to Fredrik Thylander, Rendering Architect at DICE, and the man behind the GeForce LAN 6 presentations a couple days ago. He’s become quite the popular guy with the amount of information that he’s been giving away lately. Recently, he’s been going over some more important changes from the Beta to the final version that not everyone might be aware of, especially those who did not make it to the LAN 6 event.

Source

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Edit:
Quote:

How many of you remember this: your on the attacking side on Operation Métro, you destroy the first set of MCOM stations, and you're ordered to move into the métro system below ground. You would love to be able to move the match forward and move up, but your stuck outside due to all the spawn beacons left beside your new deployment area. You can't move up because you have all these enemies to take care of who are spawning in your deployment. Many fans have shown this concern to DICE and it looks like Thylander has a response for us: in the final, "no one can spawn in the area that is no longer in their combat zone. Spawn beacons get disabled, and squad spawn turned off."

That was already implemented in the PC Beta..

·
Registered
741 Posts
Should have specified the server browsing is for consoles. Was hoping they'd do away with that dumbass launch from website sort of thing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerickjohn
View Post

Edit:

That was already implemented in the PC Beta..

sorry to say it definitely wasn't yes it would disable ones already on the ground once the mcoms were destroyed but you could just drop another in some bushes so no one could see it and you now have your self another mobile spawn in there spawn. The articles says that there spawn is now a non combat area which means it will give you ten seconds to get out of it before it kills you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PvtHudson
View Post

Should have specified the server browsing is for consoles. Was hoping they'd do away with that dumbass launch from website sort of thing.

I agree, Battlelog is terrible. In-browser voice chat? I'd much rather use Ventrilo. They should just go with the Steam port and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtHudson;15355628
I like the server browser in the browser, except for how glitchy the game becomes and constantly goes to windowed mode everytime I would try to deploy... even after setting the game to run full screen in the graphics options. Hope that's resolved because it was quite annoying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts