Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Prince of all Saiyans
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Source
Quote:
The company said it believes it's possible to run up to a GeForce GTX 580 based on the power and thermal capabilities but it has not qualified the box for it.
A move in the right direction Dell/Alienware... Converting more to the PC Master Race.
thumb.gif

Otherwise, this thing looks totally sweet and wouldn't mind picking one of these up on the cheap a few months from now.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I still want one of these, the look is sick and I actually think the specs to be worth the $700. Cool with the "stealth" drive and the adapter for GPU to be sideways. Props to Dell/Alienware, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

I wonder how this NVIDIA Optimus works, is it reliable?

Also I see the X51 as the perfect example of what next gen consoles should have.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Not a repost, this covers the hardware and provides internal pics.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I read the first two words and clicked immediately without hesitation. To say the least, I am sadly disappointed...Buddy.

Buddy

·
New to OCN? Yeah, nah
4,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindrage606 View Post

Different source, different article, not a repost buddy.
Stay on topic. Buddy.
Buddy.
buddy
Reposts are based on content, not source.

·
Turd Burglar
2,148 Posts
While I never recommend Alienware if they don't drop the ball on this it might be a viable option for some folks looking into PC gaming and are too stubborn to see the light of a custom built system.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoball View Post

I still want one of these, the look is sick and I actually think the specs to be worth the $700. Cool with the "stealth" drive and the adapter for GPU to be sideways. Props to Dell/Alienware, this is definitely a step in the right direction.
I wonder how this NVIDIA Optimus works, is it reliable?
Also I see the X51 as the perfect example of what next gen consoles should have.
I know right? The look of the insides are just as cool as the pseudo PS3/360 look on the outside. I love it. The GPU slot device looks cool to me and the whole design really screams Alienware. Finally something unique. Good for them.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Im getting one maybe for Christmas next year hopefully they keep this design concept and continue to improve

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

·
Enthusiast Gamer
3,829 Posts
Overall I think its interesting to try and get a Gaming PC down in size. The external Power brick is an interesting idea. I wonder what it would be like to have a i72600k/Z77/GTX580 Rig down to the size of an Xbox 360. Put in Laptop HDD's and SSDs to save space. Assuming you leave everything stock I wonder what the temps are like.

Just imagine for PC gaming if it were to go Mainstream. Kids throwing their affordable small form factor gaming PC in their school backpack and taking it to a friends house. Using a 360 Controller or PS3 controller to play their games with better graphics, against friends via WLAN.

WOOOT ICS just rolled out to my Xoom as I typed this.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts