Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just bought a MSI 5770 hawk to replace my power color 4650. when i over clock the card , when either after burner or ati over drive it crashes as soon as i start a game , like GRID or DIRT 2 , also when i run a bench mark in DIRT 2 its really choppy , with the settings on high , but the results show min. FR 39.5 , AVG. 44.0 , heck my 4650 run almost as good as this thing , whats the deal?

·
Premium Member
10,977 Posts
Did you uninstall all the old drivers first?

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
How far are you trying to overclock?

*Prepares for the worst*

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also when it crashes in a game , it crashes back to desktop and i get a message that AMD display driver has stopped responding and has recovered ?

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
Maybe a bad thermal paste application? Check the temps through msi afterburner, if crashing below 70c, definitely worth a try.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylersdaddy
View Post

also when it crashes in a game , it crashes back to desktop and i get a message that AMD display driver has stopped responding and has recovered ?

This is not normal for stock clocked cards.

Catalyst Control Center and Afterburner do not tend to live in harmony however, so this may be your problem.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I am having the same problem, even mild overclocks won't work. Kombustor shows them as being stable and I've uninstalled CCC. Even when I'm not overclocked I am occasionally getting the "display driver has stopped working and recovered" error playing games like Borderlands and Mass Effect 2, which is should have no problem running. Heat levels are fine as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts