Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Enthusiast
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the onboard sound Via VT1828S on my Msi 870-G45 motherboard that i just installed. It uses the Via HD audio deck software. As far as the rear panel all the sound, inputs and outputs seem fine. When i use my plantronics usb headset i can use it within games after adjusting settings but i cannot get it to work in windows. I see no option for changing the sound in the software and when i go to control panel and sound to manually change it to the C-Media Usb headset it instantly changes back to Via HD audio output when i click apply. Any ideas?

Noted: Usb headset worked the same day before i replaced my motherboard, cpu, and ram. Additonally it still does work but only in games after manually setting the sound to the headset. Although does NOT work with ventrilo even with it setup for the usb headset.
LL

·
Enthusiast
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-block View Post
Try disabling on board sound through the bios.
I was thinking that but that kinda defeats my purpose of trying to figure out this issue. I use my headset for gaming and when my wife is trying to watch tv and such. Then i use my surround sound for everything else like videos and music. So being able to use them both is the goal.

·
OCN
1,540 Posts
I'm using my onboard along with my sig card, I just have to go to sound settings and "set to default" whichever I'm using for my windows sounds. Might or might not work for ya, but was a quick and simple find for me =)

*edit* A bit of a pain sometimes, because I have to restart my application for it to recognize what the default is, but still better than some funky hack somewhere. Also, might be a pain in the butt, hit up the device manager(or maybe right through sound in cp) and disable whichever device you aren't using at the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts