Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Im back with a new problem! So, recently I got this motherboard so I can put more video cards in my sig rig for folding in this upcoming chimp challenge and well, Im having problems. Ok, the problem is, when I put a GPU in the motherboard, I have to go into the bios and tell it the PCI-E gpu is the main gpu. Well, I do this and everything works, ok? Well, then I put my 9800GTX in so I can get some folding points from it and well, once i add the second video card, I get no video. So what is causing the problem? Is it that the mobo gets confused by having a second PCI-E card in it or what? So yeah, the only idea I have is to update the BIOS and see if that fixes it. Tell me what you guys think
smile.gif

Motherboard info if you dont want to click the link: MSI NF980-G65

· Registered
1,829 Posts
The actual "msi" (not "MSI") series AMD motherboards simply suck ,unfinshed BIOS-es (with few exceptions ),compatibility issues ,crap CPU VRM -s for most of them including yours and many other things.
Just change the mobo or RMA it ,maybe you get a good sample the second time.
Keep in mind you ve bought an outdated mobo (old chipset+old CPU VRM design) ,but with SLI support.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I know it was a downgrade in technology but I dont have SATA 6.0gbps drives and I dont have anything that is USB 3.0 so I did not care too much. I mostly did it for folding. My old motherboard had problems with 2 video cards so I decided what the heck, I will give it a try.

· Registered
248 Posts
Thats odd, do you have a single or multiple monitors?
I have the same board and have used a gtx260 with a 9800gt and sli'd gtx260 with a 9800gt no problems.
Also do you switch your psu off when adding the second card?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.