Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm using afterbunrer 2.1.0 Beta 1 to unlock/use all the candies on my GTX 460 Hawk.
I notice in alot of the screenshots people post here, they have voltage monitoring going on along the right side along with gpu, temp, etc.
I don't see that option in this version of afterburner.
I went into the config file, and see the option for it, but setting it to 1 or 0
doesn't seem to add it.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in adavnce!
Edit: Adding a screenie to show + driver version

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's there and checked, just wondering if this is maybe a new bug with the 2.1 afterburner?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
navigate to your MSI afterburner folder and located file MSIAfterburner.cfg and open with a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad..

Change UnlockVoltageControl=0 to UnlockedVoltageControl=1

save and restart MSI Afterburner

NOTE im pretty sure the HAWKs do not have voltage control capabilities.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
kiner: It doesn't give an accurate read out of the 'actual' GPU voltage due to where the read points are on the circuit, this has been confirmed by MSi.

Agenesis: It doesn't have that option, trust me I've tried everything to get it to work, but to no avail..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got the answer to this, and it looks like it'll be a no go for us Hawk owners do to a change in the circuitry, I guess part of their triple voltage support.
Here's the quote from MSI afterburner maker:

Quote:
That's supposed to be that way, you WILL NOT be able to monitor voltage changes with any software tool reading voltages via NVIDIA driver. Hawk uses additional voltage controller chip which is adding programmable voltage offset to output voltage of reference NVIDIA voltage control circuit. None of tools you've mentioned support that additional chip and just show you expected target voltage (which doesn't match real value in case of adding an offset via that additional chip). Furthermore, that additional chip itself also doesn't support voltage readings, it doesn't even know which voltage is on its' input, it is rather simple IC which just trying to modify the input value by specified offset. That is why there is no (and there will not be in future, I've seen rumors that I'm working on getting voltage monitoring working on Hawks and I say that's not true) voltage monitoring for Hawks when alternate voltage controller circuit is in use. The best thing that can be done to see some form of expected voltage is approximating the output by displaying summ of NVIDIA reference voltage with additional offset, but that's by far not the best solution because both components (reference circuit and additional offset circuit) add its own inaccuracy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts